Here's mine, figure its only fair to show you who I am. If anyone is interested, I'll post my project credits and my bibliography of published works.
Edward Thomas Gardner[email protected]
Novell, Inc. / Cambridge Technology Partners 1999-present
Technical Team Manager
Assessing the networking and information security needs of Fortune 500 companies Manage teams of senior consultants for on time, on budget Design, Development and rollout of high volume B2B and B2C websites, client/server systems and enterprise (Network Infrastructure and Security) architecture.
· Acting Director of IT for a small, national, homeowners insurance firm.
· Design and deployment of scalable, Oracle and Microsoft database solutions.
· Designed and implemented load balancing solutions using industry standard products from F5 and Cisco.
· Designed and implemented VPN solutions to meet a variety of business needs..
· Managed telco, hardware, and services vendor relationships and deployment schedules.
· Work closely with Novell/Cambridge business development personnel to pursue leads and generate business, using client business drivers as motivating factors.
· Performance and security assessments of Solaris-based and NT-based E-commerce websites.
· Build and configuration management for high volume e-commerce (Sun Solaris) website development and rollout.
· IT strategy recommendations on a per client basis at the CxO level.
Decker’s Digital Solutions 1995-present
Provided small businesses and organizations development, virtual reality, consulting and software services (1999-present in a part time capacity).
· Developed multi-user solution for visualizing complex 3D data in real-time using “game engine” technology
· Developed B2C and B2B websites for internal, marketing and client use (project credits available)
· Developed and managed on time releases of CD based electronic book (project credits available)
· Apple QuickTime, MGI LivePicture and VRML technology experience.
· Developed new business opportunities and relationships with area graphics artists, web developers
· Installed and maintained Linux server based, mixed client network for product development and testing
· Installed and maintained web servers on most major platforms and operating systems, utilizing industry standard web server solutions on Windows- and Linux-based hardware
The Telluride Group, Inc. 1998-1999
Systems Analyst (Level II), and Director, Telluride Internship Program
Provided comprehensive outsourced computer systems management to Boston area small businesses
· Directed Telluride’s internship program for student technical interns
· Managed client relationships and IT strategy recommendations at the CxO level.
· Managed installations of multiple Windows NT and Novell NetWare networks
· Managed and installed various web server platforms for client e-commerce solutions
· Installed and maintained Linux based messaging servers and workstations
· Experience in industry standard firewall installations
· Researched and developed remote access (including VPN) strategies at many clients
· Managed post installation support of new and existing local area networks
· Created and assisted in the development of custom database applications.
The Princeton Review 1995-1998
Product Manager (project credits available on request).
Designed, planned, and oversaw production of cross-platform, multi-media software titles out of the Burlington, MA office. Negotiated contracts with artists, authors, and programmers.
· Managed all aspects of on-time delivery of flagship products
· Deployed corporate intranet and served as webmaster
· Managed CD master creation process for disk manufacturing candidates
· Initiated "safe" telecommuting procedures for management staff
· Maintained Windows NT 4.0 based, mixed client network
· Supervised disaster recovery operations to minimize downtime
Quality Assurance Manager/MIS (project credits available on request).
Supervised software testing for The Princeton Review's product line out of the Burlington, MA office. Managed staff of 25 part-time technicians, handled payroll, and acted as liaison with outside technology firms on technical issues.
· Maintained Windows NT network and mixed Windows 95, 3.x, and Macintosh clients workstations.
· Managed relocation and setup of Windows NT network.
· Implemented data recovery safeguards to minimize network downtime
Office Manager, Dallas Operations Office
Supervised day to day operations for the North Texas office, including maintaining client and prospective client database, public relations, sales, marketing, and inventory. Recruited and supervised faculty and staff.
· Managed and maintained 10-user Novell 3.1x network and Dos/Windows 3.x clients
· Supervised disaster and data recovery operations to minimize network downtime
Assistant Office Manager- Assisted in the daily operations
Instructor/Site Director for LSAT, GRE, GRE/CAT, ACT, SAT preparation
Department of Geological Science- S.M.U., Dallas TX, 1994-1995
Teaching Assistant- Part-time during graduate studies
Department of Geology- K.S.U., Kent OH 1993-1994
Teaching Assistant- Part-time during graduate studies
· Conducted 3D data modeling of complex geochemical behavior
· Conducted 3D data modeling of subsurface and surface data
· Developed and implemented computerized signal processing systems
· Assisted in developing undergraduate computer resources
Solar Testing Laboratories, Cleveland, OH 1992
Field Technician- Summer internship during college to help defray tuition expense.
United States Geological Survey 1991
Field Geologist- Summer internship during college to build project experience.
Center for School and Personnel Relations, K.S.U., Kent, OH. 1990-1991
Assistant System Administrator with responsibilities in data processing and Xenix network care taking.
Assistant Instructor for Workshops in Lotus 1-2-3.
Pre- 1990 Employment available on request
References available on request
Salary requirements available on request
Microsoft Certified SQL Server training, 2001
Arsdigita Web Tools Course, 2000
Cambridge Technology Partners E-Commerce Certification, 2000
Dell Certified Server Technician, 1999
Microsoft Certified Professional, 1998, 1999
Certified Lotus Specialist, 1998
Kent State University, B.Sc., 1992, Geology.
Kent State University, Graduate study, 1992-1994
Southern Methodist University, Graduate study, 1994-1995
· Microsoft Windows 95-98, DOS v3.3 to v6.22, Windows NT (v4.0), Windows 2000
· Cisco IOS
· Apple Macintosh (System 6.0 to System 8.x).
· Novell NOS v3.12, 4.10, 4.11
· Red Hat, Trinux and muLinux Linux distributions
· Solaris 2.6 (SPARC) and Solaris 7 and 8 (x86)
Commercial Software Packages and Programming Languages, Protocols
· Microsoft SQL Server 7, Oracle 8i, Microsoft Access, mySQL
· Microsoft FrontPage. Microsoft Office 97, Adobe PhotoShop 4, CorelDraw 7, RealMedia Encoders, Ulead Media Studio Pro 2.5, LivePicture PhotoVista, Apple QuickTime and QuickTimeVR.
· HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, ODBC, TCP/IP, IPX, Appletalk, working knowledge of many layer2 and layer 3 communications mechanisms.