Author Topic: Caprica 1x08 "Ghosts in The Machine" [Spoilers]  (Read 11219 times)

Re: Caprica 1x08 "Ghosts in The Machine" [Spoilers]
Repeat these words after me: "It is only a TV show."
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Yea those guns probably barely make any noise and have plugged barrels.  It's all done in post. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Wolfy

Well, yeah, i mean, i'd assume they wouldnt of shot the dog while filming, even with blank rounds!  :P
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline newman

No animals were scared to death during the filming of this show.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Except a few prototype toasters.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Well, yeah, i mean, i'd assume they wouldnt of shot the dog while filming, even with blank rounds!  :P

If you watch carefully, you don't actually see the dog in any of the [video] shots where the [pistol] shots were fired. Prob'ly wasn't even there for those bits.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline newman

I think we need to get the CSI: Miami crew to go over the scene and figure out the dog thing. *newman puts on his sunglasses* Yeahhh..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I think we need to get the CSI: Miami crew to go over the scene and figure out the dog thing. *newman puts on his sunglasses* Yeahhh..

I'm waiting for the CSI spinoff where they use "Pinball Wizard" as the theme song
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Actually, this is a case for: Columbo! :D

Offline Wolfy

Maybe thats what the next Battlestar Spin-off will be: CSI Caprica. Which will obviously have 11 other spin off shows, includeing CSI: Tauron, Aerlion, etc.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I still want to see a CSI: Moscow.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

What about CSI:Caprica?

Damn didnt read the post above by wolfy.You stole my idea!

It could also be a Miami Vice crossover show.That cop played by Edward James Olmos is Adamas descendant.lol.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:22:32 pm by FreespacePilot2010 »

Offline odo2063

btw.

Who elso want to see one of these Tauron Warmovies?

Offline Snagger

There is no way that the "Centurion part" could have known the gun held blanks - the weight difference could have been down to different types of ammunition or simply having less than a full magazine.  So, Zoe is a psychopath.  Daniel's character is certainly flawed, as is BSG's norm, but Zoe's character is despicable - she's a spoilt and immature brat, comparable to the less saccharine characters in 90210 (the original version).  Daniels at least has an excuse for his irrational behaviour - his mourning and desperation to find his daughter again, and he did not harm the dog or sanction the killing of the two Virgis workers - he merely told Adama he needed the chip.  He's a tough businessman, but is  nothing worse than a work obsessed, ambitious and slightly cold father.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Errrm. I should point out to you that, unless there are clear statements to the contrary in the show, we probably should take Zoe's statement that she could tell the gun was loaded with blanks at face value.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline newman

I still don't like her. Spoiled brat, indeed.

Offline Wolfy

Another reason not to like her: Shes a terrorist inside a huge robotic war machine!!!

She wasn't actually a terrorist, that was Ben Stark.  Zoe just wanted to go to Gemenon where she could freely worship the One True God.  Although I don't see how that is possible as Gemenons take the ancient scrolls of their polytheistic faith literally, which means monotheism should be right out on their planet.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They do that by the time of BSG, but have they always been that way? Besides, I don't think we really know what they wanted to do on Gemenon.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Gemenon is a big planet. All indications seem to be that it's religion-central for the Colonies. They have the most orthodox polytheists, but they're also the headquarters of the monotheistic movement.

Back in Season 4 of BSG, it was the Gemenese delegate to the quorum who defended Baltar's cult as being rather similar to an accepted minority religion on her planet.