Author Topic: E3.  (Read 8259 times)

Seems like GameTrailers is overloaded.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Gah! No! They took my Twilight Princess and... kidified it!
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Gah! No! They took my Twilight Princess and... kidified it!

I'm sorry.  Were you under the impression that Nintendo catered to an audience over the age of fourteen?*

Anyway, I've seen the Portal 2 trailer, and that's all I was really interested in from E3 this year.  Unless you're actually on the convention floor, it's just an overblown commercial, and the reason I don't have a television is because I got tired of those.

* -- Pulled that number off the top of my head, but after checking, the last first-party Nintendo game I bought was Zelda 64 (OOT, as if there was any other) in 1998, when I was fourteen.  The last game I bought for a Nintendo console was Rogue Squadron, released about five weeks before my fifteenth birthday.

Oh man.... Nintendo is going to get SO much of my money  :hopping:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm sorry.  Were you under the impression that Nintendo catered to an audience over the age of fourteen?*
I'm just playing Spirit Tracks for the first time right now, and I'm loving every second of it.  Pretty sure I'm slightly over the age of 14, too. :p

Offline Solatar

I'm in the "pissed they made Skyward Sword into a cartoon" camp.  I was REALLY hoping for something with the graphics of Twilight Princess, which I loved.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I never really understood that sort of criticism.  For my money, Wind Waker was the best-looking game of the entire series up to this point, and from the screenshots I've seen, Skyward Sword looks like it has fantastic art direction too.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Link is wearing proper pants (trousers) instead of elf-y tights.

Offline Solatar

I never really understood that sort of criticism.  For my money, Wind Waker was the best-looking game of the entire series up to this point, and from the screenshots I've seen, Skyward Sword looks like it has fantastic art direction too.

It's down to personal preference, honestly.  I really liked Twilight Princess' graphics, and I just don't care much at all for cell-shaded cartoonish stuff in my Zelda games.

I'd have similar problems if they released a Mario game with graphics like Twilight Princess.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Screw EVERY other game...THIS is what it's all about. 
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i haven't looked at the zelda trailer yet, but if the gameplay is good (and i have to assume it will be), the graphics don't really matter much.  i didn't care for the cartoony wind waker at first either, but it was still an epic game.  the cartoonyness even grew on me.  now i can't imagine what it would have been like using the more traditional zelda graphics. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt thinks Other M is a stupid subtitle for a Metroid game.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
well, gonna have to buy that goldeneye.
assuming that I can turn without aiming to the right.
seriously, wii shooters need such a thing.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
The only beef I have with Skyward Sword at the moment is the name (not as good as it could have been) and how Link is the most detailed object in the cel-shaded world (though his character model looks fantastic--and might I add that cel shaded graphics actually take more resources to produce than more realism-oriented graphics).
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The Kirby trailer had a distinctly un-Kirby feel to it, esp. with regards to the music.  I am disappointed, and fearful.

The Donkey Kong Country trailer looked like it had a bit too much random nonsense going on in the background.  I am fearful.

The Zelda presentation (dear Heaven, that was painful to watch) failed to mention anything about story, failed to give a feel of the game, and did not showcase any music.  I am disappointed, fearful, and angry.

The Goldeneye trailer was interestingKA-BOOM EXPLOSIONS!!!!!111!.  I'll wait and see.

The Portal trailer was short, awesome, amusing, and gave a feel for the game.  I am hopeful.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Screw EVERY other game...THIS is what it's all about. 
Finally! I've been waiting for this for ages, looks promising. :D

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Nintendo's conference was phenomenal this year.

Let's take a look at the lineup:

Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mario Sports
Donkey Kong Country (for the Wii, **** yeah)
Kid Icarus for the 3DS
An official release date for Metroid: Other M
well that's all fine but I fail to see any relevance to my tastes..
A new Goldeneye for the Wii (HELL YES)
AW HELL YEAH
finally a use for my wii-wee!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
No Ace Combat 7.... I was hoping for that.  Halo: Reach looks fun (Space battles!). GT5 looks amazing. Neat with the new XBox... but that's about it.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
No Ace Combat 7.... I was hoping for that.  Halo: Reach looks fun (Space battles!). GT5 looks amazing. Neat with the new XBox... but that's about it.

Is there supposedly an Ace Combat in the pipe?  I'd be thrilled if they'd make the next one with older generation, say Vietnam or Korea era, aircraft rather then modern fighters.  I'd love to fly F-8 Crusaders vs Mig-15s and 21s.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

Is there supposedly an Ace Combat in the pipe?  I'd be thrilled if they'd make the next one with older generation, say Vietnam or Korea era, aircraft rather then modern fighters.  I'd love to fly F-8 Crusaders vs Mig-15s and 21s.
Rumours for a couple of years now. People tracking down job descriptions looking for clues .. but nothing official.  The ACES group did work on Sky Crawlers for Wii and there's a Ace Combat Xi for iPod I think it was but that's about it.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."