Author Topic: E3.  (Read 8301 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The only beef I have with Skyward Sword at the moment is the name (not as good as it could have been) and how Link is the most detailed object in the cel-shaded world (though his character model looks fantastic--and might I add that cel shaded graphics actually take more resources to produce than more realism-oriented graphics).
Keep in mind that the game won't be released for several months at least, and from a quote I saw somewhere or other, the art content isn't completely finalized yet.  I'm sure there's still quite a bit of graphical polishing left to do.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.....

Sword of the Stars II. So shiny. So detailed.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

It is native 64 bit and will require DX10.  My XP makes me a sad panda.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I must admit I'm personally disappointed be the Zelda vid, it looks like it took a big step backward in terms of art direction.  Twilight Princess was a really pretty game even given the limits on the Wii system.  Galloping across Hyrule field was a sight to be hold and the enviroments and characters pretty cool, now it looks pretty boring and simplistic.

TP's art style was okay, but the characters aside from Link and a few others were really weird. I don't know what they were thinking with most of the NPC's. I think the direction they're going with the new Zelda is rather interesting, but it does need some touching up to look really great.

And best of all, no mention of that ****ing annoying game that takes up Nintendo's resources that should be devoted to titles like the above listed (namely, I'm talking about Pokemon, which was never mentioned here).

u kidin me

For one, they never showcase the core Pokemon games in E3. Gamefreak's the team in charge of those and they pretty much do their own thing and have done so for the last decade or so. They're not sapping resources from anywhere. And finally, screw you, pogeymans are awesome.  :P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:19:28 pm by Fenrir »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i have to admit, i started playing pokemon a little again via emulator.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
* Androgeos Exeunt still owns a Game Boy.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i think i've still got my old grey brick laying around somewhere :P

Offline cloneof

Spoony One is talking about nice things about E3  :).

The new Twisted Metal looked good and fun. To bad I'll never play it; I can't afford a PS3, plus I'm Coulrophobic.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

The new Twisted Metal looked good and fun. To bad I'll never play it; I can't afford a PS3, plus I'm Coulrophobic.
*googles*

Oh, he's afraid of clowns. Aren't we all...

*googles*

Oh, he's afraid of clowns. Aren't we all...

No, really. As in if there's a clown in a room, I avoid it at all costs. If I have to go through the room, I edge along a wall. Seriously, they scare the **** out of me and I don't know why. I can stand, say, watching the E3 preview of that game, but I'd never actually spend time playing it and interacting with the clowns. I'd be kept up for months.

Just play as Sweet Tooth so you can confront your fears and get over them.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
this made me chuckle.  if i wasn't so lazy, i'd go find a giant picture of a clown and post it.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
this made me chuckle.  if i wasn't so lazy, i'd go find a giant picture of a clown and post it.

My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't know of anyone who genuinely likes clowns.  They seem to universally trigger various levels of discomfort and/or fear.

The trick is to stop thinking of them as clowns and start thinking of them as walking piñatas.  Sure, I've only ever gotten blood and organs out of them so far, but one's bound to be filled with candy, right?

The trick is to stop thinking of them as clowns and start thinking of them as walking piñatas.  Sure, I've only ever gotten blood and organs out of them so far, but one's bound to be filled with candy, right?

*Hi5*

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I don't know of anyone who genuinely likes clowns.  They seem to universally trigger various levels of discomfort and/or fear.
I like clowns.
they're amusing.