Author Topic: Turret\Docking Path Help  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Turret\Docking Path Help
I've been working on some new fighters and capships (GTF Morrigan, GTF Apollo Mk. III, and the SJ Cerunnos, in case your wondering) and I've gotten almost everything ready. The thing is how to get paths to work right is beyond me. So is there a turorial on paths out there (prefferably for POFCS) or is someone willing to do it for me?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Grey Wolf

Turret\Docking Path Help
*bump* Anyone out there? I still need help.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Turret\Docking Path Help
Check the link to the tutorial Bobboau just bumped earlier.

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
Turret\Docking Path Help
Um, Paths are real easy.

But I don't feel like typing, so read bobbaou's tutroal, and for the turret section, make it the hull of the ship (that way fs2mm doesn't crash)

------------------

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
Turret\Docking Path Help
Ya, paths are easy.
 Bobboau's tutorial, however, explains it far better than I could...

------------------
"Supernova, ya supernova, supernova goes pop
supernova, ya think it's over but the supernova don't stop" PM5K
Death:"Arnold Judas Rimmer... your life is over. You will travel with me to the-"
#knees death in the groin#
Rimmer:"Remember matey, it's only the good that die young"
"Do not fear the chickens. Become one with the chickens. Respect the chickens and... #BOK!# LEG IT!!!"
The Claw... project coordinater of Alternate Reality and Story-line help-guy of The Perfect Storm.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline JarC

Turret\Docking Path Help

Originally posted by The Claw:
Ya, paths are easy.
 Bobboau's tutorial, however, explains it far better than I could...

It fails however completely in explaining what turrets have to do with a Path Vertex...

Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's