Author Topic: Crysis (Split from SotS2 Thread)  (Read 5917 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Crysis (Split from SotS2 Thread)
Hey, no worries, I can't stand playing EVE either. I just really enjoy hearing from people who do, it makes awesome stories.

But I did really like Crysis' gameplay.  :nervous:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
But I did really like Crysis' gameplay.  :nervous:
As did I! I found it a to be a bit different and a nice break from the usual FPS style. It was really fun, at least to me. I didn't like running out of ammo and having to beat the aliens to death in that cave thing though.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Got Crysis the other day, not normally a massive fan of FPS games, but this one I got partly just to see what the computer could do, and partly because I wanted to see the Alien Spaceship scene first hand :)

Very fun game, difficult without a little 'self-assisting', at least for someone with my reaction time, but the story was good, well voice acted, and it felt like you were in a terse, battlefield situation. The graphics are lovely, but then, it's Crysis, I suppose my only complaint would be a lack of ammo for the larger weapons, which you really need later in the game.

I'm playing through warhead as well, which is ok, but it really annoyed me because, within 2 minutes of finding a grenade launcher, I get captured in a cutscene and all my weapons taken away :/ It's not as aspect of these sort of games I've ever really been fond of, it happens in a lot of them, and it always smells a little of 'We've run out of ideas, so now your going to have to take on the same baddies, but with worse weapons and less ammo'.

Offline Hades

Got Crysis the other day, not normally a massive fan of FPS games, but this one I got partly just to see what the computer could do, and partly because I wanted to see the Alien Spaceship scene first hand :)

Very fun game, difficult without a little 'self-assisting', at least for someone with my reaction time, but the story was good, well voice acted, and it felt like you were in a terse, battlefield situation. The graphics are lovely, but then, it's Crysis, I suppose my only complaint would be a lack of ammo for the larger weapons, which you really need later in the game.

I'm playing through warhead as well, which is ok, but it really annoyed me because, within 2 minutes of finding a grenade launcher, I get captured in a cutscene and all my weapons taken away :/ It's not as aspect of these sort of games I've ever really been fond of, it happens in a lot of them, and it always smells a little of 'We've run out of ideas, so now your going to have to take on the same baddies, but with worse weapons and less ammo'.
Yeah, the Scar-L, which is one of the best weapons of the game, is hard as hell to find ammo for, except on the last level. It was my favorite weapon of both game due to the looks and because it was a powerful weapon, beat the weirdly-named AK-47 and the sub-machine gun.

I did always hate how whenever you got captured in both games, all of your weapons, attachments, etc were taken away. This was indeed really annoying in Warhead, though I kinda forgive it because it was very early into the game.

Much to my surprise, this ****ty laptop could play both games on high and gamer (which was really 'high') with pretty decent FPS.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, I play mine with Gamer settings, it will handle enthusiast smoothly enough, but if you set off a chain reaction or the like, even the i7 can cross its' eyes for a moment :) Gamer settings just give a little bit more smoothness in control that can be important at long range with a jerky weapon.

I'd also like to add to my list of 'things I don't like about FPS's in general' the current fixation with defaulting the mouse-wheel as weapon select, the damn thing rolled onto the Claymore when I hit Cloak and I didn't notice, needless to say, it didn't end well :/

Anyway, I think I'll split this out ;)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Re: Crysis (Split from SotS2 Thread)
The only guns I use on Koreans are the sleep darts and a single silenced pistol.

Draw one off. Tranquilize him. Put your boot on his throat and execute the poor sod. Enjoy rush of preposterone. Cloak and flee before being gunned down.

If discovered, cloak and throw Koreans at each other, then slowly walk at the last survivor in armor mode like THE TUHMINATOR. If he shoots you, go to strength mode and jump over his head, then tranquilize him and stack environmental objects on him.

play only on delta

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I never thought I'd hear myself saying this at 37, but Crysis does need moar chunky giblets. When someone fires a rocket launcher into your truck, which explodes, falling over simply won't do... ;)

Offline Hades

The only guns I use on Koreans are the sleep darts and a single silenced pistol.

Draw one off. Tranquilize him. Put your boot on his throat and execute the poor sod. Enjoy rush of preposterone. Cloak and flee before being gunned down.

If discovered, cloak and throw Koreans at each other, then slowly walk at the last survivor in armor mode like THE TUHMINATOR. If he shoots you, go to strength mode and jump over his head, then tranquilize him and stack environmental objects on him.

play only on delta
And here I was just going around mass slaughtering Koreans like nothin'. :(

Actually, I didn't know you could kill people like that after tranquilizing them, I just turned on strength and punched him once and that did the trick, plus it was funny how his body moved quite a bit, which is funnier when they're standing. Didn't know you could throw people either, it was funny to throw something like a chicken at someone or a box (which killed in one hit). :p
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:02:10 am by Hades »
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You've never grabbed anybody!? You're missing out.

And no you can't actually put a boot on their throat once you tranq them, at least not as any kind of special animation. Just stand over them ominously and jump or something.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

I tend to view them having gotten that close as a failure in and of itself, but...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I tend to view them having gotten that close as a failure in and of itself, but...

No, man, the whole point is jumping/cloaking in and being like HEY GUYS CHECK OUT OUR DEFENSE BUDGET also i am going to borrow your friend here
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:37:46 am by General Battuta »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Any time I see a Korean guard taking a piss, I always sneak up on him, grab him, and throw him in the air...preferably at the waterfall.

Except for one, where I came right behind him and killed him with a banana! :P
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Does anyone get that weird bug in Warhead where people mysteriously start moving without their legs moving in the first ice map, or is it just the low low FPS rate...

I do think it's worth it to play on the hardest setting just to hear the KPA forces speak their own language... any difficulty problems are best solved with config edits here and there... There was one time I didn't know wtf I did, I fired the rocket launcher at the ground near a tank, then clipping problems on the road caused it to come back UPSIDE DOWN... I probably lost the screenshot to time...

Another time was jacking up the punch strength. One punch is enough to destroy any vehicle except a tank and send hapless victims (and vehicle scrap) flying several feet into the air :wtf: :wtf:

The rest of the time was spraying the Minigun Terminator-style and carrying the tortoise/frog/chicken/whatever here and there, gently drop it somewhere (read: not dead) to kill the next alien, pick it up again and keep running... :lol:

Is the banana a one-handed weapon?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The minigun in that game was a such a letdown. Remind me to mod it next time.

Offline Tempast

• >_<
The minigun in that game was a such a letdown. Remind me to mod it next time.

Sadly Crysis isn't a very moddable game. D':

If you want new guns, you have to replace the old ones. It's stupid.
Zombies can't drown, they don't drink air![random quote from my morning, yes, I'm that retarted]
I don't feel pain when I bleed, but I bleed love when you cross my heart.
Stand up straight, heads held high, lock and load, for today we die.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just chaning the rate of fire, ammo capacity and damage will do. :drevil:

Offline Hades

The ammo capacity and ROF were fine, it just happened to spread like a mother****er.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Yeah that. A minor nitpick to me (just a little) when I found the rocket launcher could down helicopters far faster than the Minigun could, and you could still dash to cover before the view starts getting knocked from enemy fire. Maybe up the damage factors against actual tank armour for good measure. :drevil:

Spread I'm not so sure, it seems plausible enough but then again I'm not "playing the game properly". Spraying the huge alien bosses non-stop with the fire button fixed down was cool though... then the machine pistols for the John Woo moments... YARRRRRRRRR!!!! XD

I kinda preferred downing the alien targets more than the KPA though... despite how most people didn't like the aliens appearing halfway through Crysis and then they put more KPA in Warhead as a response...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Strangely enough, miniguns are very accurate. Apparenlty, once yo go above 2000RPM, it becomes much more stable and outperforms regular machinguns.
Compared to a M240, a m124 is 9 times more accurate. Hard to believe, no?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Strangely enough, miniguns are very accurate. Apparenlty, once yo go above 2000RPM, it becomes much more stable and outperforms regular machinguns.
Compared to a M240, a m124 is 9 times more accurate. Hard to believe, no?
rly

that's uber cool