Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190083 times)

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
I'd just like to be able to blow up something significant. The one or two Diomedes and the occasional cruiser helped, and I liked how the fact that you weren't able to do any significant damage to the GTVA helps the whole hopeless atmosphere in the campaign, but just make sure we get to see something hostile make a big boom in the second part of BP2.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We are definitely interested in allowing that, and the position players will find themselves in in R2 is more conducive to inducing explosions.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
I would be glad if being able to use text-to-speech with the campaign (no beeps version, or option to force tts even when beep sound file is associated with the message). And nebula mission (maybe in the atmosphere of a gas giant?) would be nice.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We are definitely interested in allowing that, and the position players will find themselves in in R2 is more conducive to inducing explosions.
We get to fly the Durga and V-hard-to-spell-bomber right?

Offline ION3

Hey tutta, what if I make the changes i mentioned regarding the tech descriptions for WIHr1 and you can just paste it in your tables? (i've begun already)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Give it a shot, we'll see how it turns out.

We get to fly the Durga and V-hard-to-spell-bomber right?
If we do I just hope it's going to be more exciting than finding a blind spot on the ship and then launching/rearming until it's dead (looking at you High Noon). Maybe something like the FS2 mission where you're bombing every NTF ship coming through a jump node, but with more fighter harassment to make it more hectic.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
As with most of War in Heaven, we are only interested in doing things when we can do them in a more complex and rewarding manner than base FS2. Sometimes we even succeed!

moar chest candy!

srsly, the fleet commanders needa toss some shiney bits out to the people on the front lines to give the illusion that they are doing good. I mean it wouldn't be the military if you didn't get a medal for doing your job (and i would know, i got 3 commendations myself for just being there =p)

Offline ION3

I always wonder why the terran bombers have so much weaker shielding compared to the seraphim. Especially the boanerges looks like it were one big shield generator. Do you plan to include any bombers with more shielding?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
On the Tev side, you're not likely to see any new heavy bomber class. Reading the description of the Ursa and the Boanerges should give you a good idea of why. Heavy anti-capship work is expected to be assured by corvette classes, or medium bombers like the Artemis and the Rhea for smaller targets up to corvette size.

For the other factions, the UEF already have two heavy bomber classes, I can't tell about the Zods but they'll probably follow a similar doctrine to the Tevs, and I can't tell for the Shivans or the Vishnans.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I always wonder why the terran bombers have so much weaker shielding compared to the seraphim. Especially the boanerges looks like it were one big shield generator. Do you plan to include any bombers with more shielding?
Isn't the Seraphim heavier than every other GTVA bomber? Also, alien super tech and all that.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
On the Tev side, you're not likely to see any new heavy bomber class. Reading the description of the Ursa and the Boanerges should give you a good idea of why. Heavy anti-capship work is expected to be assured by corvette classes, or medium bombers like the Artemis and the Rhea for smaller targets up to corvette size.

For the other factions, the UEF already have two heavy bomber classes, I can't tell about the Zods but they'll probably follow a similar doctrine to the Tevs, and I can't tell for the Shivans or the Vishnans.
Well Battuta said that for bombers to become effective they'd have to get either much lighter or a lot heavier...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Or be able to make shock bombing runs.
Jump in, unload, jump out. Time elapsed: only the absolute necessary required for the bomb to lock + 10 seconds. Then again, that sounds too much like a SSM strike...

Wouldn't it be better to make bombs themselves smarter and/or faster?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Jump in, unload, jump out. Time elapsed: only the absolute necessary required for the bomb to lock + 10 seconds. Then again, that sounds too much like a SSM strike...

Yeah that's pretty much an SSM strike. Maybe we'll see different types of SSM strikes being employed.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yo dawg, I herd you liek tagging, so we replaced SSM with Subspace TAG missiles, so you can tag while you tag.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I agree with wanting to blow up heavier shipping but it shouldn't be overdone. As it stands the UEF has roughly 6 months before logisitics start to wear thin IIRC. And bombers look expensive...

Offline Kolgena

Sounds like it could work with Vassago's Dirge chain-jumping. Jump in, wreak havoc under dense enemy fire, survive, jump out the instant your drives recharge, rearm/repair, jump somewhere else.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Lucifer did that in AoA, but only in text. It never actually did so during the course of the campaign.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Sounds like it could work with Vassago's Dirge chain-jumping. Jump in, wreak havoc under dense enemy fire, survive, jump out the instant your drives recharge, rearm/repair, jump somewhere else.
The Carthage and Atreus are referenced as having special sprint/tactical drives that could allow them to do this.

If the Tev campaign does get off the ground I intend to do some **** about this sort of hit-and-fade attacks.