Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190431 times)

Offline -Sara-

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
I think it was said in the BP-verse Vasudans are approximately 0.5 to 1 whole generation of technology ahead of the GTVA Terrans. If I remember well they also have a very scary large fleet.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I think it was said in the BP-verse Vasudans are approximately 0.5 to 1 whole generation of technology ahead of the GTVA Terrans. If I remember well they also have a very scary large fleet.
check my sig :p
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That stopped being funny a year ago, now it's just pathetic.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline ION3

Can't really imagine for that to work, the mechanism to store energy'd be as big as a warhead probably.

Bullets from primaries seem to hold their energy with no mechanism at all!

Maybe it wouldd be a good idea to throw in a few more missions which have low amounts of action then in WIH. Like a destroy cargo mission with just a few gun platforms an no enemy reinforcements. Or a mission in proximity to a busy installation, whith lots of comm traffic and with a lot of freighters, transports and other ships doing their thing. Could be some kind of "secret meeting in one man fighters". Or a "find secret cargo" mission. A few more ship and weapon familiarisation missions would also be cool. "Pawns on a board of Bone" was pretty cool for getting to kow the Uriel and Archer because there was low pressure and you could take your time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:44:46 am by ION3 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Bear in mind that all the missions for R2 have been outlined since before R1 FREDding even got well along, so changes to that outline are likely to be limited.

Offline ION3

Yup. It's just that part 1 had very few parts where i as a player could take a break, familiarize myself with my equipment, the story, and just enjoy the scenery. Or put another way: There was su much action in it, that i didn't have enougth time to enjoy all the other qualities WIH has. At the same time there was a lot of diary reading. Maybe some of the story that is in the Diary could be told through comm messages during a non story significant, low action mission.

Actually you did exactly that in "One perfect moment" . And in "The Intervention". The KEN mission doesn't count. ^^ Thinking more about it I realize, that many other missions also had such parts in it. Still the feeling that i didn't have enougth breaks remains. Maybe you even intended that.^^

Thinking back to the FS2 campaign i remember that there was a lot of speculation going on amongst the pilots during the missions. I think WIH has very few of that.

Offline Kolgena

I kinda like it how you get dumped in with new stuff and get dropped into high stress situations. I mean, Earth's under siege and the UEF isn't doing that great. It helps with the sense of urgency and distress, especially since the main char gets her first experience of real war in the campaign.

Reading gigantic walls of text started to grate on my nerves at about 2 hours in. Then again, I bet the thing isn't really meant to be marathon'd.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I can't marathon War in Heaven.

I do agree with the getting dumped with new stuff and being expected to fly them as though I've flown them before. Embodiment of this trope is the Uriel.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I can't marathon War in Heaven.

I do agree with the getting dumped with new stuff and being expected to fly them as though I've flown them before. Embodiment of this trope is the Uriel.
Yeah. The Intervention was great because it gave you a nice introduction to the Kent, but being chucked into the Uriel for Pawns kind of made me hate that ship.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've never had a problem with getting "dumped" in a fighter.  unless there are extremely retarded primary mounts, all FS ships feel exactly the same other than turn rate.
I like to stare at the sun.

Same, looking back the only thing I ever wish I knew about my ship beforehand was how long can your ship survive in flak fire (it can't), and the second mission where you warp into a flak screen told me that.

Weapon wise I do wish you put an update or something at the end of the briefings when you had access to a new secondary armament. Nothing big, but maybe just a message saying "Update: new weapon available *insert weapon name*" to let us know to check the loadout. I was on my second playthrough of R1 before I realized during one mission I had access to some kind of UEF Trebuchet equivalent, though I can't remember it's name.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Grimmler I think it's called, but I think its usefulness in the campaign is limited.

Offline -Sara-

Grimmler is a UEF trebuchet. It's handy. It's strong too and homes well. Subsystems suffer greatly from it also and I think it fires from about 5K - 4,5K distance.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:55:58 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Flak

It is actually very useful, why it is ignored is just because it is overshadowed by the Slammer.

Offline -Norbert-

Same, looking back the only thing I ever wish I knew about my ship beforehand was how long can your ship survive in flak fire (it can't), and the second mission where you warp into a flak screen told me that.
Brie doesn't tell you to get clear of the flak or you'll get splashed for nothing!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
In the time he takes to tell you how dangerous flak is, you would have been shredded twice. :p

Grimmler I think it's called, but I think its usefulness in the campaign is limited.

I've never used it myself because there is always a limited supply of them. However, I've heard enough from established HLPers to know that it's powerful.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kolgena

First time I played that mission, I died really really fast. I don't think the Aeolus was in my field of vision, or I had turned to present a blind spot, so I wasted too much time going "WHO THE **** IS SHOOTING ME!!!" and flying in wrong directions.

Second time I pulled the opposite of a beeline and still barely scraped by with like 50% hull left. Flak hurts.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

I've never used it myself because there is always a limited supply of them. However, I've heard enough from established HLPers to know that it's powerful.

The Grimler is good if you don't know how to aim your Archer (and if your Paveways keep getting shot down or something).
They're also good at hitting heavy bombers, though you probably want more Slammers for that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I think UEF can do to stop the massive advance of the forces of GTVA through surgical strikes, so will damage the logistics and force the GTVA to negotiate a cease-fire

Offline -Norbert-

The problem with that is locating the logistics ships first. That the wargods were able to find, catch and capture the Agincourt was only due to someone (most likely former Admiral Carey) from the GTVA leaking the jump schedule to the UEF.