Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190234 times)

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
They had 100 Sathanases (Sathani?). It was made clear that if they wanted to they could stomp all over the GTVA.
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline crizza

Well, in the BP-Verse, I imagine the Vishnans and Shivans drinking whisky while watching the black and red ants kill each other.
Even with all their new technology, the GTVA has simply not enough ships to hold the line against the Jugs...
So they sealed of Capella, trapped the humans and vasudans in their systems and now, they can watch while everyone kills each other.

Offline Flak

They only seal the Sathanases in Capella. However, that is not the only known Shivan entry point. They have been entering also in FS1 from somewhere beyond Ross 128.

They had 100 Sathanases (Sathani?). It was made clear that if they wanted to they could stomp all over the GTVA.

Except that they dont want to, or rather cant. Universal Truth made it clear that the Shivans are forced to operate under a set of rules, and In this universe they have yet to rebel against those rules. Whats more, it seems like the UEF, save for some relatively minor problems with the Gefs, has managed to achieve the potential the Vishnans described in UT, being peaceful and productive and what all. It wouldn't surprise me it the Shivans are attempting to back the UEF from the shadows by using Noemi.

Well, that or they really are just trying to get us to kill each other off, though if that was the case that would seem to imply that they would be able to do it themselves, within their rules.

Offline -Norbert-

Or maybe they want to silently sabotage what the Vishnans, through the Elders, have created to show them that they were right in attacking the Terrans.

Or maybe they want to silently sabotage what the Vishnans, through the Elders, have created to show them that they were right in attacking the Terrans.

Thats a good one too.

Offline FSW

Speaking of which, there were a couple third person fiction entries in War in Heaven and I wonder if people feel strongly that those should be first person.
It was a bit confusing at first, since I'd never seen the story presented that way in Freespace; it wasn't obvious that I wasn't reading Noemi's personal log. The whole user interface of Freespace makes it seem like the player is on a spaceship, seeing through the character's eyes, reading messages on a viewscreen.

I think it'd feel more natural and more immersive if the perspective were consistently first-person (except in cutscenes).

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Maybe make it more clear... but the 3rd person is actually refreshing for me.

Offline Flak

Except in one place in AoA, in Samuel's dream where you play as a nameless pilot.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You play as Sam juxtaposed into the volume of space the battle takes place in.  It's a dream, you don't actually have to be there.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I would like the track "Surface of the Sun" or "What do you see?" from Sunshine...Could maybe use it as the BGM for a recap...
Actually, If I can figure out how to record Playthroughs, I might make some trailers using those tracks

Maybe a revamp of "Definitive Battle" and/or "Hidden" from Inferno - Hey you already did Syphon/2nd Reality
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Just a few quick ideas and possibilities:

Maybe the theory that what we saw in the hallfight cutscene were just manufactured bio-mechanical soldiers is true and Ken is one of the "real" Shivans, controlling out of the Shadows.
Just because the creations are rather blunt in their tactics doesn't mean the creators are dumb.

I know this is an old post, but FYI [V] have explicitly stated that this is not the case. What we saw were Shivans - they specifically said that it wasn't some kind of power armour or defence drone or whatever. Buuut the whole "hive mind" theory, if it turned out to be true, certainly leaves the door open for their being more than one type of Shivan - workers, soldiers, queens etc. might all look very different.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Luis Dias

Seems quite a nazistic / fascistic line of development there, to have different roles for different "shapes" of Shivans.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Seems quite a nazistic / fascistic line of development there, to have different roles for different "shapes" of Shivans.

Well, or like insects, which have different physical castes with different roles in society. Not saying whether or not BP is doing something like that though.

Offline Luis Dias

Well, or like insects, which have different physical castes with different roles in society. Not saying whether or not BP is doing something like that though.

Exactly my point. Where do you think nazis found their inspiration?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think Nazi ideology was more of a master race type of thing than a component-based society. You could find more parallels in India (the source of a lot of Nazi Aryan ideology, geographically at least).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:02:44 pm by General Battuta »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Heh. Godwin's law.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well it is canon that "the Shivans demonstrate considerable diversity as a species"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yes it is, yes it is

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator