Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190005 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
tbh I just hate the GTD Hades full stop, its basic shape, weapon's placement, everything.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline crizza

While I like the design, this thing is realy outdated.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
If you look at the forces deployed thread, you may see that most 1st fleet frigates are named after historical figures.

...and things like the Vatican, which is right up Ubuntu's alley and an example of heroism or significance in war (beyond instigating them).

Cruisers have a different naming scheme yo

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Isn't it the GTVI now? I can't even remember.

Officially, I think so. Unless the whole GTI got shut down after the Hades, then GTA Intelligence Ops (think GTD Soyakaze from STR) and Vasudan Intelligence banded together to form the GTVI under tight direction of the Imperium and Assembly.

Why would anyone want another Hades?  The design is horribly, horribly outdated by now.

I might add another "horribly" to that. Seriously, while the ship is extremely cool, Even a Diomedes used effectively is better than the Hades.

I wish I could say "PCD Saturn would like to have a word with you," but wrong continuity (and I haven't tested that yet). As much as a Hades can damn near slaughter an FS1 Orion, by FS2 I highly doubt it can hold in a fair fight (if there is ever such a thing by BP Alliance standards).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I seem to recall that someone once wrote a simple ship-vs-ship mission, with no special story scripting.  They pitted a Hades vs. a Sathanas and the Hades won.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
do you remember where was the hades relative to the sath?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Luis Dias

I seem to recall that someone once wrote a simple ship-vs-ship mission, with no special story scripting.  They pitted a Hades vs. a Sathanas and the Hades won.

That's not exactly an accomplishment. Even a Fenris can do that.

And I'm trying really hard not to start a discussion with the people who find the Hades' design "cool". By Jove, what a ridiculous ship.

Offline Aesaar

I agree.  The Hades is sinfully ugly.  Not even cool ugly like the Deimos.  Just plain ugly.

It's a lot like the Boanerges in that way.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:43:49 pm by Aesaar »

It's everything ugly about FS1 ships distilled into a single, confused package.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Sounds this channel is full of haters again ! nuHades is one of the coolest ships in our MVPs. If you can't deal with its awesomeness, you can leave  :cool:
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, the new Hades model is pretty nice.

No, the Hades design will not be revived in BP. Because redesigning the Hades to fit into the GTVA's fleet building strategy, and fitting it with all  the new weapons developed since Silent Threat makes absolutely no sense at all when it would be easier to design ships built from the ground up to support the existing strategic and tactical paradigms the GTVA operates under.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Aesaar

The model is nice from a technical standpoint.  It's the Hades design in general which is ugly.  It's Volition's fault.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No, it's YOUR fault for not liking it ! You have bad tastes !!!! </end sarcasm>
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
When I said that the Hades is a cool ship, I was referring to the nuHades or the HTL Hades not that ugly abomination in the original.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

No amount of detail and greebling can fix the fact that its overall shape is awful.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Luis Dias

Aesaar and PhantomHoover have non-bad-tastes. I salute you. All the rest, may Shiva have mercy on your souls.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Aesaar and PhantomHoover have non-bad-tastes. I salute you. All the rest, may Shiva have mercy on your souls.

Nah, who needs mercy when we have the almighty Steele?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
While i liked the Hades design, well the high poly model, It just doesn't fit why spend resources in trying to upgrade an old prototype design that wasn't tested or fully finished, with the latest weapons and what not, which it probably wasn't designed to be fitted with those weapons in the first place would most likely be a engineering nightmare and would take time to do.  Prime example would be the Typhon as The Great War-era reactors of the Typhon destroyers lacked sufficient energy to sustain prolonged fire of these new weapons, rendering them prone to blackouts and reactor overloads (taken from Hatshepsut tech entry). Surely it would be cheaper and easier to make brand new ship from the ground up?

I just cant wait to see what new toys the Vasudans have in WIH 2.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:51:31 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Aesaar

That brand new ship is called the Raynor.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i quite like the hades.  but i've long since come to realize my tastes are 180o off of the community consensus.  for example i prefer the old diomedes to aesaar's remodel (no offense bro), the textures on the BP stratcomm ships look perfect to me, and i think that despite it's sucktastic performance, the hecate is one of the best looking cap ships. except for the color.
I like to stare at the sun.