Author Topic: The BP2 Optional Extras thread  (Read 31768 times)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Re: The BP2 Optional Extras thread
Thanks for the fixed radar icons. Made my life a bit easier (although seeing oversized Erinyes icons hurt).

Although for the virtual cockpit mods... for some reason, I can't pick any other ships in retail FS2's ship selection screen, and I didn't get any UEF cockpits. What's the arrangement one of you guys placed in any of the mod.ini files that made it work?

Right now, I kinda stooped down to:

cockpit mod ini: primary list is blueplanet2, secondary list is blueplanet, and mediavps_3612.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

never did an ini file rather specify "-mod cockpitmod" (w/o quotes) in your custom flags in your launcher and use your blueplanet 2 mod in mod selection

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I know I'm not on the team, but how about a 48:9 (Eyefinity/Surround) HUD?        http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?whuh1k6hpiou1bd

It's adapted from the WiH HUD, I was just working on it in the MVPs folder, so FS2 screenshot. It's for anywhere between (3x)1280x720 to (3x)1920x1080.

EDIT: Actual BP screenshot:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:12:02 am by KyadCK »
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Here a gift for you !

New Steve-O revamp cockpits !!
Note: I modify the Kentauroi table since weapons banks have change between the old models and the revamp models. So instead of using only 2 primaries banks, it have 3 primaries banks.
Just unzip the vp file into your blue planet 2 repository.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j0cnsnaja7o9ip0

Here some screenshots:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Surely you could have edited the POF data to accomodate two banks on the Kentauroi?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
The cockpits are f*cking awesome! Thanks Metal!

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Surely you could have edited the POF data to accomodate two banks on the Kentauroi?

Yeah, I could. I don't know why I didn't.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Awesome work with the cocpits, but there is a little problem - dialogue text is often unreadable with them in background. Is there a way to move it back to the top left corner like in vanilla FS?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You could extract the hud gauges .tbl file from the BP VPs, put it in blueplanet[2]/data/tables and change the co-ordinates for the Messages box:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Hud_gauges.tbl#.2BMessages:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Hellzed

Is there any plans to fix the cockpit glass in fs2 scp ? I read somewhere it was disabled because of broken reflexions.

I love MetalDestroyer's cockpit mod. It's beautiful and I don't want to play BP2 without it. However, this mod doesn't seem to work with recent 3.7.2 build. (Is there an updated version of this mod?)

I managed to fix this problem. All you have to do is to remove every line starting with “$Glowpoint overrides” from bp2-shp.tbm.

Now it works fine with 3.7.2 RC3 and MediaVPs 2014.

Is it maybe possible that you could upload those files you have modified, Nikogori?
It would be much appreciated.

I don't think I can upload files without author's permission. But I can tell you what to do. It's very simple.

1. Extract bp2-shp.tbm from adv-bp2-cockpits.vp(I'm using Maja Express).
2. Edit bp2-shp.tbm with text editor. Remove or rename every line starting with “$Glowpoint overrides”.
3. Create new vp file.

As I have no modding experience I'm not sure about this. At least it seems to be working.

It works; awesome! Thank you very much, good Sir!
(Tested with 3.7.2 RC4)

On another note and since the cockpits do work once more: Is there a way to get pilot breath (e.g. Diaspora) for blueplanet? Combined with the cockpit it would make for a very immersive experience.

Edit: Actually the modified cockpits turned out to be quite troublesome: I am experiencing frequent crashes and some missions are completely unplayable. The screen will go black (except for the HUD), sounds and music start to stutter etc. Without the cockpits everything runs fine.
That's a downer  :(
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:34:58 pm by Pacman110 »

Offline Logrus

How to make the cockpit mod compatible with the new release?

How to make the cockpit mod compatible with the new release?

Yes, this please. I haven't had any luck with this either.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Please make it compatible, BP team
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
The BP team isn't responsible for updating somebody else's mod.

That being said, the only thing needed to be done to make it compatible should just be for somebody to make a replacement table file. You might find that it's easier to do it yourself than you think it is.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, if we supported a cockpit mod it would be part of the BP download. We don't have the resources to do that right now.

That being said, the only thing needed to be done to make it compatible should just be for somebody to make a replacement table file. You might find that it's easier to do it yourself than you think it is.

I'm pretty mod-savvy from back in the day doing Source-related stuff, can you at least point me at where to start?