Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn  (Read 219700 times)

Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn
Ovbiously Fura'ngle have developed their tech to the point that they do not need subsystems to fight. :p
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Just to move. :P

Seriously though, that's how I found out; I disabled one in the capture a Cordi ship mission to see if I could get it kidnapped too (can't) and discovered that despite all its subsystems and turrets being down, if you flew into its front arc it would fire gun banks at you. Badly, usually.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Primary weapon fire points are not subsystems, and cannot be destroyed without destroying the entire ship. They are not dependant on any subsystems being active, and function fully even with ships that have no subsystems at all. What you are experiencing is not a bug in WOD, as much as a 'feature' in freespace code.

If your ship has a weapons subsystem and turrets and that weapons subsystem happens to be destroyed, the turrets will get a downgrade in their ai e.g. fire more slowly and less accurately, but they will never go inactive unless you destroy the turrets themselves.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Primary weapon fire points are not subsystems, and cannot be destroyed without destroying the entire ship. They are not dependant on any subsystems being active, and function fully even with ships that have no subsystems at all. What you are experiencing is not a bug in WOD, as much as a 'feature' in freespace code.

If your ship has a weapons subsystem and turrets and that weapons subsystem happens to be destroyed, the turrets will get a downgrade in their ai e.g. fire more slowly and less accurately, but they will never go inactive unless you destroy the turrets themselves.

...no...
Destroying the weapons subsystem should prevent firing of primary and secondary banks.
At least for the player.

Attempting to fire weapons with a destroyed weapons subsystem pops out a "cannot fire weapon due to weapon subsystem damage" warning.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
At least for the player.

Talking about AI controlled non-player ships sorry. I should be more careful with the use of the word 'your'
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Talking about AI controlled non-player ships sorry. I should be more careful with the use of the word 'your'

You have still completely missed the point, as I am not referring, and neither is Droid, to turrets, but to actual primary banks on a fighter-type craft. The Sweeper does have turrets, but they along with all other subsystems were destroyed. In this case I refer to pilot-controlled primaries on a fighter.

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I've certainly encountered this a few times during testing of that mission, I always found it amusing that the ship would still desperately try to shoot at you if you came close to its firing arc. I never tried disabling every of its systems though, so its odd that it would still fire with a broken weapons subsystem

So I tried to reproduce this behavior in a test mission with a recent nightly, alas it does not happen. When its weapon subsystems are down it does not fire its primaries at all.
So I can only say that it is a mystery!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
This should be left in as one of WoD's quirks/seven mysteries, yeah :P

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
A ghost in the machine? Dude.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

What are the other six?

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

What are the other six?

-What does milkshake look like
-What was in the sketchbook
-Why can you clip through certain parts of the Cordi Mothership
-Why is Spoon so sexy
-How can two species develop on two different planets and look and act so much alike to the point that they can even have childeren together
-?
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I guess that the six one is "What is the sixth mystery?".  :)

Offline -Norbert-

-How can two species develop on two different planets and look and act so much alike to the point that they can even have childeren together
On a slightly related note, did the high IQ guys ever try to put a Cyrvan into a Prometheus frame and if yes, what happened?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Lot of disappointed Cyrvan faces when they achieved the exact same results as the human test pilots (nothing) after going all "Stand back, we go this." 
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

:yes:
Now we need a strip with three pictures.
First: "Stand back, we got this."
Second: Nothing happens.
and then a third one of how those Cyrvans looked when Dawn powered up Infi without any effort at all.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent

This can happen, but it's a long shot. Replace that or make the seventh mystery 'How can an entirely different species from another planet speak English?'
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Note, you were introduced to them after Terrans knew them for a while. Knowing english wouldn't be so unusual.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
And for everything else, star trek like translation devices.
Because its the future and we have plasma shielded space fighters and beam firing space cruisers
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Note, you were introduced to them after Terrans knew them for a while. Knowing english wouldn't be so unusual.
Makes sense. But why is it that in all those sci-fis the aliens have the tact to learn and speak english, but the humans don't even bother with the aliens' language?

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
They're more diligent I suppose, so they can outsmart us in our own languages :P