Author Topic: Faustus issue?  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
According to this post, the HTL Faustus is not included in fsport-mediavps.  Is that correct?

I seem to recall there being some work on this model recently, perhaps with the nameplates, so maybe it hasn't been updated yet.

Indeed, science01.pof is not in the fsport_mediavps. Only the high-poly medical version is.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I made sure to include the high-poly Faustus in the official 3.6.12 MediaVPs, with all of the fixes, including the ST:R dockpoint. That way it could be deleted from the 3.2 FSPort MVPs.

However ST:R has not been updated to 3.6.12 and still has the low-poly dockpointed model in there. The ST:R rerelease will not have the Faustus in it, so it should use the FSPort or MediaVPs model, both of which have the dockpoints.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:38:36 am by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
O rly?  Interesting solution.

And one that I thought would work, but then I remembered: the FSPort has priority over the standard mediaVPs, therefore, the low-poly pathed Faustus will outrank the high-poly one.  So it needs to be in fsport-mediavps, even if it's not included in the ST:R rerelease itself.  Same with the Chronos and Amazon Adv.