Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 582888 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
To those going to venture trough my mines/caverns.

Please follow the following guidelines:
- when enterning new caves or diggin new tunnels, obey the right side torch placement rules. Exceptions include lighting signs or entrances to make em more visible.
- feel free to mine resources, but don't be greedy. Not that I desperately need all the resources, but it would be fair to leave something for me, since its' my bloody mine. A deposit box on top of mineshaft B can be used for the token toll/offerings to your Glorious Leader (me)-
- try to keep thing natural. Meaning no drying out of lava flows or plugging of streams - if you can avoid it. This is minecraft. One can dig around, create bridges or side tunnels.
- SIGNS. signs. signs. The thing was a maze even before I connected it to the caverns beneath my castle and ran into several more loops. You create a tunnel? Place a sign (preferably with your name on it too...simple signs saying "tunnel" doesn't do it anymore...something like "Kastras tunnel 12b" is better). Break into a new cave? Place a sign. Preferable place signs at junction poitns too to point towards your discoveries.

That said, we need more junction poitns too, which should be easy to remeber becase of special features. Red Mashroom caves, Brown mashroom caves, cross junction (a lit cobble X in the middle), lava falls, river falls....etc.. be creative with the labels. If there's no natural marker, create one. An obsidian pillar, netherrack torch, glowstone lamp - anything that stands out is good.

My plans for the future:
- connect to even more caves (the way I'm expanding it, I expect to hit the Glorious **** Hole soon)
- rest stops at several palces - closed rooms with supplies and beds, possibly a small farm.
- a Nether portal at the bottom of Mineshaft B and at the top of my Citadel
- finishing the castle/citadel
- monster grinder at the dungeon location

EDIT:
And if somone manages to find the Red Mashroom cave again, let me know... I couldn't.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:02:08 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Not to name names, but I think it was someone whose account starts with "f" and ends with "untapaz"... :p
He goes everywhere. :lol:

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Can wehas a bigger image of the center area?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I just spent about 4 hours last night in single-player... *ducks from the incoming hail of rotten fruits and veggies* ...working on an idea I had: a fully-operational battlesta-err, elevator using pistons.

Unlike most piston elevators on YouTube, this one doesn't "propel" the player upwards and then extend another piston underneath them when they reach the apogee. That feature of pistons is gone from the official pistons, which will be released Thursday. Instead, I use a series of sticky pistons to raise and lower the elevator between the 2 floors.

The elevator only services 2 floors at the moment, separated by a maximum height of ~16 blocks, which is the maximum number of blocks a piston can push (at the moment - no idea if official pistons will be different). The call button on each floor toggles the elevator between extended and retracted positions.

One disadvantage is that retracting takes 2 as long as extending, due to needing to activate the pistons in reverse order. I'm still working on that part, as well as how to service multiple floors. I'll try and post some pictures later.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

Having seen that pistons can animate whole walls an secret caves I wonder how long it'll be until we see a player made goatse dungeon  :wtf:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Good god, I thought the map was sizeable already.  Did somebody just pick a direction and see how far they could walk in a realtime day week?

That just took me like two hours.

You guys should be glad I didn't reach my goal of 10,000+. :) I also planned to loop around for the return trip, and show up near Shade's. The server would have been irrecoverable.

On another note, I'm building a mob grinder in town so people will be less likely to skim off the top of the grinder for the Fenris. The grinder will be behind my leaning tower, and it is about 3/4 of the way down now. If anyone wants to go around lighting up nearby cave systems, feel free to do so. It will improve performance of the mob grinder.

While lighting an area up, I found this:

FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Stumbled into some new caves (in mineshaft A2), but didn't have time to explore them...full of monesters, so I backed down and am saving them for later.
Also ran into lesser caves and new connections...the cave system now linkes Mineshafts A and B, my castle, DJ mines and probably a few other locations - as I ran into minecarft tracks and stairs probably built by someone else.

Also, i ran into a lot of slimes, but they all seemed bugged, as they were sticking inside walls and couldn't be hit.

and yea..Netherworld portal at hte bottom of Mineshaft B is now active.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:39:23 am by TrashMan »

Offline -Sara-

Stumbled into some new caves (in mineshaft A2), but didn't have time to explore them...full of monesters, so I backed down and am saving them for later.
Also ran into lesser caves and new connections...the cave system now linkes Mineshafts A and B, my castle, DJ mines and probably a few other locations - as I ran into minecarft tracks and stairs probably built by someone else.

Also, i ran into a lot of slimes, but they all seemed bugged, as they were sticking inside walls and couldn't be hit.

and yea..Netherworld portal at hte bottom of Mineshaft B is now active.

Double test those so they don't override the original ones in the main city. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
Having seen that pistons can animate whole walls an secret caves I wonder how long it'll be until we see a player made goatse dungeon  :wtf:

You mean like my dungeon?  ;)
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Screenshot dump!

First off, Heward's Handy Hovel and the area surrounding.  It's really sealed off and covered over, so the domes are the most prominent feature in the lake.

The hovel is still there, but the only hint of it from the exterior is some soft torchlight visible at night.

Next, my addition to the elevated rail system, connecting the town to my dome network.  (Side-note here:  Trashman works fast.  When I started building the line, there was nothing to see but nature, until you were within spitting distance of town.  By the time I finished, Trashman had expanded his burgeoning empire into what you're about to see in the screenshots.)

Finally, that flat space on top of the cowling, protecting the point where the el-rail dives under the dome network, seemed a shame to waste.  With that in mind, and a rapidly expanding empire right next-door, led by a mad tyrrant, I decided that an observation tower might be prudent.

Access is had through the hub dome's basement, and the door is unlocked, so that anyone can enjoy the view.  Inside, there are beds and footlockers for four, split across the two bottom levels.  The upper two levels are the observation areas.

Decent view too, for being a relatively short tower.

Oh, and Trashman....  I've got my eye on you, boy!  ;)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
You guys aren't going start a war are you? :nervous:

You guys aren't going start a war are you? :nervous:

Not until I find out what the crafting recipe is for a mobile SRBM launcher.

No!  Of course not!

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
Gentlemen, I think I have finally been swayed. As an avid Dwarf Fortresser, I love games where gameplay>>graphics; I believe I shall acquire Minecraft once my next round of tests is over.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
And another succumbs!

BTW guys, I worked out the chinks in the Lagoon Rail Lines (hopefully), so anyone can wander around without worrying about minecart troubles. If you've never been to the Lagoon and don't know how to get there you can use warp point 'spleef' as a shortcut.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hey BlueFlames, its your end of the rail line extensible? I've been thinking I'd continue it on to my place once things are more, erm... visitor-friendly. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Hey BlueFlames, its your end of the rail line extensible? I've been thinking I'd continue it on to my place once things are more, erm... visitor-friendly. :)

Hasn't been set up for it, but some time in the future, I'll probably extend the basement beneath the hub dome and add another line headed out in that general direction, as I'm now expanding out that way, myself.

Offline watsisname

I just about bust a gut at 2:50, oh my goodness sweet chocolate bananabread Christ muffin.  :lol:

edit:  Also, poor wolfie. :<
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Finished the mob grinder behind the leaning tower. It is pretty much a mock of the design sandwich found.

Formerly known as Swantz