So, I've been enjoying this game for quite some time, after a while, Single player can get a bit boring, but I played SMP at a lan party recently and it turned out to be utterly fantastic, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has played Minecraft Alpha?
For those who just want to get out there and play, there are currently two servers availableqazwsx's server:
IP at: 184.108.40.206:25607
Mumble at: 220.127.116.11:64738
Dynmap at http://18.104.22.168:8236
Probably the more active server, this one runs near-to default minecraft with a few modifications:
- Creepers no longer damage buildings
- Warp and home commands allow for easy transition
this server runs in online mode, only people with a registered and paid for minecraft account can connect.
Alright, so here's what's happening on qazserverNew world once 1.3 comes out.This world will be completely fresh, here's what's going to happen.
- Fenris will be copied over and placed in the end
- Everyone will be in survival mode, admins and mods will be free to change, but we shall no longer be giving out creative, the disparity has gotten rediculous
- I will be offering admin rights to sandwich and Kyad, sandwich has been a HLP admin since the beginning (I think?)and has been one of the most active people on the server and Kyad already admins a much larger OCR server and knows what he's doing.
- these admin rights will include full control over the server, the right to install plugins, restart the server and FTP access and whatnot.
- I will not be looking for replacement admins if Kyad or sandwich feel that they don't have the time or otherwise do not accept the position
- All current admins will remain admins, yes, I was trolling with the "mura is now an admin!" thing, but he's a cool dude and actually will get all the powers. (and the getting drunk with his wife in a hotel room thing was true too)
- We may or may not be using warp plugins, this is yet to be decided.
- I will not be copying over any other projects from the old server, Fenris is a special case, as it has been in construction for over a year, and has had work done to it by many, many members of the server.
- What I will be doing is setting up a full copy, config files and all of the current server as a torrent. My VPS (currently hosting mumble) will be used as a seedbox. Direct downloads are out of the question, as the server totals several gigabytes.
- If anyone wants to host the old world, feel free, the torrent will be a fully working copy of the server bar except for a working mysql configuration for logblock, as this will be used on the new world.
- The new server will also come with slightly stricter rules which will be detailed in the following list.
- Don't be a dick (this applies to admins too, post in here if any **** goes down, I won't have discussions in private, things should be run openly)
- Check with whoever is building nearby if it's okay to build near them, either on this thread or in game. (Looking at you Trashman, don't want any of that **** again) ):<
- as an addition to this rule, if you don't want anyone building nearby, ask an admin about setting up a worldguard region.
- Unless specified, (aka, freebuild areas) PLEASE keep to the building style of nearby things. If you don't like the style, find somewhere else to build, you've got enough room. This was actually a rule on the original server, back in the days when it was hosted in a shoebox underneath rhx123's bed. (I'm not even joking, it was on a Intel Atom running windows XP with 512MB of ram and an ADSL internet connection) but pretty much went to **** straight away and that's how we ended up with the hodgepodge that is spawntown
- Spawn will have a worldguard region, players will have to build further out
MyriadAxe (choptree v2 basically)
no inventory loss after death
no creeper, ghast explosions
no fire spreading nor burningNecrogami's Server:m.c4.io
Necrogami's server, now with added survival:
NOTE: Both servers run craftbukkit, as this is not affiliated with mojang in any way, expect servers to be updated to the latest version of minecraft up to 3 weeks after a new version is released. We have no control over this, and in the interests of stability will only run reccomended builds in order to prevent world corruption.
- Mobs are activated but Creepers do not damage buildings
- offline mode! Play if you are unable to authenticate with minecraft.net.
- Dynmap! View server map in realtime! chat to users!
- Skylands as an attached world to the main Minecraft world