Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 585499 times)

Offline Aardwolf

Can we post our minecraft stories/experiences or is this not the place?

No, post those in the thread about Halo  :rolleyes:

I finally found melon seeds, but then I got killed by a skeleton + cave spider tag-team :(

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I started playing minecraft beta today. Started building my house in a hillside. Then I dug out some big rooms that I will use for storage later. Then I dug out a big staircase and accidentally fell into a cave. I was scared as ****, so I started trying to dig a staircase out of the cave and into my previous staircase. No luck. Built an elevator to get out of the hole. Then I started digging from my previous staircase and broke into the new one. Now I have a direct route to the cave.

And I have no armor. And only a stone sword. I went a little ways and found a lava pit. I ran back home.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
That's pretty much how everyone begins. :lol:

Offline Grimper

Arg I extended my mob trap to 4 stories and it's still not working properly. It pulls in the very occasional pack of mobs but I've still only got 11 bones and 5 string total lol :(

If this was SSP there would be a constant stream of items :\
Of course if something gets fixed and it starts working properly I'll light up a couple of floors to avoid server lag.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:38:34 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
Banned some guy called immaculata because of strange flying behaviour. Might be a misunderstanding, if people PM me I'll get it sorted out.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
That's pretty much how everyone begins. :lol:

Ha

I survived my first day hiding in tunnels away from the forest. I spent my hours digging a tunnel into the middle of a mountain. I made sure, that there would be no chance in hell that it was going to get me. So long as the fewest amount of blocks remained in view, the lag spike wouldn't cause me any grief. I was safe, and my 512MB DDR2 Ram computer with imbedded graphics card along with me. I prevailed
"No"

Started yesterday too in the HLP server, Trashman and Kyad showed me around. I'm very amazed at the work done, as others mentioned, screenshots do not do this justice. The Fenris, Trashmania (new and old), the rail system, it's all really incredible.

Started on my little home too, having glass tiles thanks to Trashman helped a lot. It's really hard to find a good place to set up though! Might have to move to another location in the nearby future.

Hope the new versions bring stuff like living NPCs and things like guards. ;)

EDIT: Also had a encounter with a pack of Endermen trying to steal my blocks., They have been defeated and looted for the advancement of my home/fortress.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:05:59 am by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Banned some guy called immaculata because of strange flying behaviour. Might be a misunderstanding, if people PM me I'll get it sorted out.

He said a friend directed him to the server, but he claimed not to know his MC name, nor his HLP name.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
To whomever vandalised my T-tower:  I will find you. Then I will break you and destroy everything you hold dear in this world.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Will you though? Really?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline -Sara-

To whomever vandalised my T-tower:  I will find you. Then I will break you and destroy everything you hold dear in this world.

Just wait for 2.0! :p People can grief with instagib potions. It'll be interesting. A lot of nerfbats may swing.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE

He said a friend directed him to the server, but he claimed not to know his MC name, nor his HLP name.
could be a friend of rhx or lixquid, I'll ask them on steam.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
You mean this?

Also, that flying guy knew me as "DarkRevenantX" from another site, so it seems kinda retarded that he'd not make the logical leap to assume I use that here and in minecraft as well.

Also, he recommends using the nocheat mod.

Offline -Sara-

And how can he fly without getting creative? Assuming you meant your friend flies around. If it's not a privilaged friend of RHX, Qaz or Lixquid and not granted creative mode, he shouldn't fly. Nothing NoCheat, just a permaban hopefully.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:33:44 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
You just don't fly into server!

Don't use hacks without permission on someone's server, it might keep you from getting banned -__-
Signed, me

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
He just came to look around.  He flew around, saw the server, then left/got banned.  The NoCheat is to prevent damage from malicious hackers.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
You mean this?

*snip*

Also, that flying guy knew me as "DarkRevenantX" from another site, so it seems kinda retarded that he'd not make the logical leap to assume I use that here and in minecraft as well.

Also, he recommends using the nocheat mod.

If the foliage is supposed to be vandalism, it's nice vandalism.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
But still vandalism nonetheless...

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
So today I'm like, "ok. I'm not going in that cave without some armor." So I decided I was going to go outside and slaughter cows until I had enough leather to make a full set of armor. I wait until it is daylight. I open the door....

Next thing I know, BOOM! I get killed by an exploding penis.

After I get all my stuff back I just went in the cave and started mining anyway. I mined 4 blocks of iron ore and a little bit of coal before I got attacked by skeletons. I ran away and lived. What do you guys suggest?

Also, monsters won't spawn if it's bright enough (have a $#!&load of torches) right?

EDIT: I went outside again. I found one cow and killed it. Then it started to rain, so I made my way back home. I come home to find an exploding penis in my house. How do I kill it without ruining everything?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:30:21 pm by FlamingCobra »

Offline Aardwolf

Yes, make torches; monsters don't spawn unless it's dark.

Also, craft a sword and a bow.