Author Topic: In case anyone lives under a rock...  (Read 5363 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
In case anyone lives under a rock...
...the Steam holiday sale is now active.  Hopefully I can restrain myself from dropping another $120 like last year.

Waiting on Dragon Age, ME2, Fallout:  New Vegas, and Assassin's Creed.  Just picked up BioShock 2 for $10, which I figured ain't bad =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: In case anyone lives under a rock...
WITCHER FOR $5

If anyone wants to get me poker night at the inventory or NFS Uncercover I wouldn't object  :P
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm kind of glad I have absolutely no money.  I'd probably drive myself bankrupt if I did. :p

I'm kind of glad I have absolutely no money.  I'd probably drive myself bankrupt if I did. :p

No you wouldn't. You could get enough games to last you a year on a $100 budget  :P

Can't wait until I go to college, then I don't have to ask and then get told that it's too close to Christmas. Just get everything while it's $2 a game.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Mass Effect 2 is on 50% off today.  That was timely =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I got Fallout 3 GOTY for $20, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it.  Same day, they also had both Deus Ex games for $3.  I'm not sure what else I'm hoping for.  How about you all?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline mxlm

I'm hoping for a daily sale of Dragon Knight Saga. If not, I'll pick it up last day of the sale.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
anyone played these X space sim games?  i've never heard of them before, and they are pretty cheap. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
anyone played these X space sim games?  i've never heard of them before, and they are pretty cheap.

lol

talk to belisarius, he worked at egosoft until last week

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i didn't realize the sales change every day.  it's gone now anyway.  i've spent $20 now.  that's plenty.  especially considering it's steam games.  :ick:

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Gah, I've bought a bunch of games already from that sale madness (MADNESS!!). FEARs, Overlords, Monkey Island bundle, Red Faction G, Batman... Flatouts. I was thinking of buying Recettear, then I didn't... ... now I'm having late second thoughts.
Habeeb it...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
So far I've bought Mirror's Edge, Star Wars: KOTOR, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW), Darksiders only for 19,22 €. Can't wait to see what other steals Steam will offer rest of the week. :)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I already grabbed KOTOR in an earlier sale. Picked up New Vegas, and a couple of indie games, plus Trine and Torchlight.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Bad Company 2 is seriously worth it.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i was about ready to get KOTOR, but i read an elevated number of user reviews saying the combat sucks.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
i was about ready to get KOTOR, but i read an elevated number of user reviews saying the combat sucks.
For most people who don't want to think while playing, the combat, being turn-based, does suck. But if you're looking for a more traditional RPG experience as well as a great storyline with satisfying endings, get it. I'm assuming we're talking about KOTOR 1 though. KOTOR 2... let's not go there.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
turn-based doesn't sound like my cup of tea.  maybe i'll give it a go eventually, but i've spent enough money for the time being.  and i've got 4 new games to keep me occupied.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm rather upset with how TW: Empire is apparently buggy as hell. At least they're crashing bugs. Mostly. There was that one time where enemy reinforcements entered the map from behind me when it should have been the other end. That didn't go well.

I'm quite fond of the naval combat engine, though. It's a pity the AI doesn't appear to know how to build a navy; my most interesting combats have been in the battle setup, or between merchant fleets. You'd be shocked at the kind of punishment you can absorb with an Indiaman. And Spanish Galleons with 60 guns. That's a Fourth Rate, a line of battle ship for chrissakes.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
For most people who don't want to think while playing, the combat, being turn-based, does suck. But if you're looking for a more traditional RPG experience as well as a great storyline with satisfying endings, get it. I'm assuming we're talking about KOTOR 1 though. KOTOR 2... let's not go there.
You're only half-correct there. KOTOR's combat is turn-based only in the background. To player it is very much real-time that can be paused at any time. Take a look at this youtube vid for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBjxiUVJsu4