Author Topic: WiiWare Must Die  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I can see you are going to fit right in here..... :p

Offline sayoqod

I can see you are going to fit right in here..... :p

I do try. Thanks :P
" Twas brillig and the slithy toves/did gyre and gimble through the wabe/ all mimsy were the borogroves/ and the mome raths outgrabe"

That would make me mentally unstable.
You're trapped in a room with iamzack.  Mental instability is inevitable.  Resistance is futile.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline sayoqod

You're trapped in a room with iamzack.  Mental instability is inevitable.  Resistance is futile.

I'm not trapped. I can leave any time....
>.>
<.<
>.>
*runs*
*trips*

...You never know, we could be mutually beneficial to each other. With our combined powers, we will become healed! 0:)
" Twas brillig and the slithy toves/did gyre and gimble through the wabe/ all mimsy were the borogroves/ and the mome raths outgrabe"

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

I'm not trapped. I can leave any time....
>.>
<.<
>.>
*runs*
*trips*

...You never know, we could be mutually beneficial to each other. With our combined powers, we will become healed! 0:)

I almost think that concept is scarier  ;)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline sayoqod

*bit too big, snip snip*

I almost think that concept is scarier  ;)

:drevil:

I look forward to playing the WiiWare version of La-Mulana.  I loved the MSXed version of it, and an SNESized iteration ought to be really nifty to play.  The game is basically a mixture of Indiana Jones, Zelda, and Symphony of the Night.   :)

La-Mulana trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgPHW_99ay4&feature=player_embedded

DeceasedCrab's Let's Play of La-Mulana #01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEn5huyUcsg&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:17:45 am by Sabin Stargem »

Offline sayoqod

That looks kind of neat! But, I think that it would only make me nostalgic for Oracle of Seasons and make me play that instead :3

Heh, it plays completely different from Oracle of Seasons.  Actually, there was a 3rd game planned for the Oracle series, but it was decommissioned and bits of it was used for the other two.  I am hoping that Nintendo someday remakes the series, and would love to see the 3rd entry.  Maybe for the 3DS?

Offline sayoqod

D: I didn't know that! Do you know what it was going to be called?

The Mystical Seed of Courage, featuring Farore.  The other two Oracle games had Nayru and Din, which are Oracles, and presumably related to the three Goddesses that made the Tri-Force.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Mystical_Seed_of_Courage

Offline sayoqod

That's so amazing...

Want >.<

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't understand, what about the games listed is "DA DEBIL!"
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Altering the sacred Cave Story is equivalent to Alderaan shooting first.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Alderaan shooting first.
That would be cool to see, actually.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Seconded.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

The worst part is that they made it worse.  They trashed the graphics, deformed (they didn't just re-score it, they freaking changed it) the music, fsked with the dialogue (the fan translation did a better job), and they changed the race of the player character, who is a robot!  All of these are listed as "improvements," by the way.

I fear for LA-MULANA.

---------------------------

That looks kind of neat! But, I think that it would only make me nostalgic for Oracle of Seasons and make me play that instead :3

Did you actually just compare the masterpiece that is LA-MULANA with one of the shoddy, non-canon Zelda-themed games?

You're a troll.  It all makes sense now.  :ick:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

The worst part is that they made it worse.  They trashed the graphics, deformed (they didn't just re-score it, they freaking changed it) the music, fsked with the dialogue (the fan translation did a better job), and they changed the race of the player character, who is a robot!  All of these are listed as "improvements," by the way.

I think the biggest offence by a mile was to change Balrog's catchphrase into Kool-Aid.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline sayoqod

Did you actually just compare the masterpiece that is LA-MULANA with one of the shoddy, non-canon Zelda-themed games?

You're a troll.  It all makes sense now.  :ick:

"It all makes sense"? Me calling you out for being unreasonably murderous? Just giving my opinion, which I happened to be entitled to. If that angers you, it's no fault of mine.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion as well. But I don't consider the GB Zelda games to be crap, and I've never even heard of LA-MULANA. That doesn't make me a terrible person, and it certainly doesn't make me wrong. I'm just not an elitist. Yes, OoT was better, but that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly hate a genuinely entertaining game just because Zelda isn't actually in it.

The WiiWare version had an update that fixed the music bugs and a couple of other things, along with translation corrections.  I preferred the "Huzzah!" myself for Balrog, in part because of DeceasedCrab's Let's Play, that guy makes watching a Let's Play fun - that is why I am attached to the Huzzah!,  because I associate it with a good memory.  If the text and DeceasedCrab said "Oh Yeah!" originally, then I would enjoy it because of the Crab, and the camp associated with the Kool-Aid man.  :)

As for Oracle of Seasons and comparing it to La-Mulana...uh, what?  They may both have puzzles, but they are very different games.  It is possible to love them both, for their own identities.

Sayoqod:  You seem interested in Zelda trivia, so here is a link to a video that talks about a series of Zelda games on the SNES that didn't appear in America.  The games used a satellite system, with a whole bunch of issues...and voice acting.  Heh, it takes the video some time to get around to the games proper, but is interesting to watch in my opinion.

16-Bit Gems:  BS Zelda
http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/16-bit-gems/20

By the way, I actually enjoyed Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, which probably makes me one of the weirdest guys in the thread.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:06:53 pm by Sabin Stargem »