Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 249961 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The newsbar seems to alternate between the "APRIL FOOLS" message and the "New Interplay sale on gog.com" one.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Mobile still has a weird fixed width thing going on..
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
One small improvement that would be ubber mega amazing would be to add the "Show unread posts since last visit." and the "Show new replies to your posts." links in the fixed navbar.

Good ideas - done! Unfortunately I don't think I can selectively display them only when someone is logged-in, but I think that's a minor issue.

Newsbar will be fixed over the weekend, and I hope to get to the mobile version then as well.

There's more to come - keep the suggestions coming!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Is the toolbar locked at the top of the page again? Because it stopped scrolling down (despite me having it set to SCROLL in the options)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It shouldn't be... *checks*
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Not happening here... force-refresh?

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
I am awaiting mobile fix. :) The problems are noticeable, but you already mention that you'll work on it, so I won't comment yet.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Is the toolbar locked at the top of the page again? Because it stopped scrolling down (despite me having it set to SCROLL in the options)
What Sandwich said, the bar is not stuck on the top of my window either, it's staying quietly on top of the page where it belongs with the "scroll" behavior. I'd ask what browser you're using (Firefox 16 here).
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I might have just fixed the mobile display issue - it looks better to me at least. Let me know. :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Regarding the toolbar: The strange thing is, if I go to the options and change it to the topmost (Empty!) option, it works as expected. Setting it to "fixed" or "scroll" changes it to the "fixed" behaviour.

Also, when resizing the browser window to a point where the smartphone mode kicks in, it moves the toolbar to the top again ("fixed" behaviour).

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Regarding the toolbar: The strange thing is, if I go to the options and change it to the topmost (Empty!) option, it works as expected. Setting it to "fixed" or "scroll" changes it to the "fixed" behaviour.

Also, when resizing the browser window to a point where the smartphone mode kicks in, it moves the toolbar to the top again ("fixed" behaviour).

That second aspect is intentional (it's a feature, not a bug - I swear!), to save max space on small screens.

As for the first, according to SMF's docs, there shouldn't be that first empty option. :-/

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
While on the topic of the toolbar, there's some awkwardness at a width of around 1067 pixels, where it expands to take up two lines, with the "QuickLinks" bar moving on a line of its own.

Sorry to hear about that intended behaviour, seeing as I am rarely if ever using a fullscreen browser window (or even one that covers half the screenwidth). Any chance of making that configurable as well?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I think the options for the nav bar are named oddly.

"Scroll" means that you scroll passed it.
"Fixed" means it stays fixed at the top of your screen.

It's counter-intuitive and confusing.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
The width for mobile browsing works great. However the lines on the forum looks messed up, and when I type, the scroll bar violentlyswings up and down. I can't see what I'm typing.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Can we change the forum width? it's really getting on my nerves so much space is wasted.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Can we change the forum width? it's really getting on my nerves so much space is wasted.

Please read the last... three pages or so, and then come back to see if your question is still relevent.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
The width for mobile browsing works great. However the lines on the forum looks messed up, and when I type, the scroll bar violentlyswings up and down. I can't see what I'm typing.

i've always had the jumping scroll bar problem in IE.  the solution offered when i posted eons ago was "use firefox."
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Two people (Valathil and Luis Dias) have reported on IRC trouble with default fixed width on Androids. Vala was able to simply switch to fluid in the profile settings but Luis wasn't even able to login with the "crazy ui", to quote him.

Might be a good idea to switch to fluid by default.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Might be a good idea to switch to fluid by default.
Good idea indeed. From what I've seen in this thread, most people prefer it that way.
Also, I noticed an oddity. For some reason, the border around the box in which you type when posting, and the news bar are blue, at least in Chrome. I think they'd look better in orange, blue doesn't fit with the rest of the theme.