Author Topic: New theme issues  (Read 250049 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Something just killed the title of "RELEASE: ???????? - Dimensional Eclipse".
The unicode characters are being turned into questionmarks....

EDIT: okay, unicode is not supported anymore? well **** ****itty ****.

Trying to post it inside [ code] tags results in a DATABASE ERROR.
The fact that old posts still have the unicode characters seems to suggest it's just an input problem.

And I like my non-ascii characters...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:34:05 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

The fact that old posts still have the unicode characters seems to suggest it's just an input problem.

Try now...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Droid803

Try now...

RELEASE: ???????? - Dimensional Eclipse

Testing

EDIT: nope.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
scroll bars in the highlight reel.  eghads.

speaking of the highlight reel, as long as widths and stuff are being tinkered with, is it possible to make the highlights 'fluid' too?  as in throw more up there when there's room.  just a thought. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm guessing it's a known quantity, but there's a big ol' white rectangle across the entire forum width around the "Jump to" menu, which I keep mistaking for the Quick Reply box.

I'm guessing it's a known quantity, but there's a big ol' white rectangle across the entire forum width around the "Jump to" menu, which I keep mistaking for the Quick Reply box.

Same, though fortunately it's dark gray instead of white. Still confusing.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So, this is the minor-est of requests, but:

Could we get an optional theme that's based on blue, instead of red?  That blue announcement bar makes me wonder what it'd be like....

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I'd like to see the following:
  • Moderation moved up to the area with the "Reply" et al buttons, conserve some space. This will also allow tightening up the space for the Jump To:
  • Jump To: should be in-line to the drop down so that it doesn't have to be as tall.
    Optionally, Stick Moderation in the box with the Jump To:
  • GO button for Jump To could probably stand to be the same height as the drop down and made more distinctive some how. Maybe 'old' news gold or green or something.
  • the 'Previous' and 'Next' would do better in the bar with the site navigation tree rather than above it. (on the bottom, not sure how to address the top one just yet)
  • Not sure I like the amount of gap space between newlines... but it only seems to affect the Reply box, but it makes each newline gap larger that what it will actually be in the post, or seems that way which is highly inconsistent and will probably throw people.
  • Quick reply "halo" being blue (and the news) strikes me as counter-color to the theme rather than complimentary or as a offset compliment color. Green might be good, or the Gold that the news used to be.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
So, this is the minor-est of requests, but:

Could we get an optional theme that's based on blue, instead of red?  That blue announcement bar makes me wonder what it'd be like....
Would that require recoloring the logo to be blue/green instead of red/orange to match?  ;7 :nervous: :warp:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ew.  Somehow, the breadcrumb menu at the top of the thread is now centered instead of left-justified.  Change it back, please. :ick:

Minor annoyance: I have the network bar set to 'rollover', and indeed the menus appear when I roll over the buttons - but they disappear again as soon as I move down to the menu. I have to actually click the button for the menu to remain open.

EDIT: Unless I move over the little arrow at the top of the menu, that way it does stay open. My guess is that moving to the small space between button and menu is detected as "user doesn't want menu anymore".
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:52:08 pm by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Mobile doesn't show the squares on the left that mark unread boards, unread subboards, or no unread posts. Or rather it does show them, they are just extremely small. :(
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

The highlights have scrollbars now :confused: I tried force-refresh a few times, but the issue persists. Firefox 17.0.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Interesting. I don't see scrollbars.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
I'm getting the scrollbars as well, also on Firefox.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No scrollbars here either, Firefox 16, 1920x1080.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I have the scrollbars on chrome 1280x1024
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline newman

When viewing the forum on my iphone, the "New posts / No new posts" icons don't display for some reason. There is also an issue with the drop down menus on the iphone as well - for instance, if I want to get at my private messages on the iphone, I can't go to "My messages" and then select "Read your messages", because on the iphone this button gets over one of the other drop down menus and this option selects that instead (Calendar, iirc). It's still possible to get to PM's by going around this menu completely. Apologies if this was reported before - haven't gone through all 26 pages of this thread.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:09:57 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Droid803

I have scrollbars.
Firefox, 1920x1080
(´・ω・`)

Hmm, I suspect the scrollbars might be a font size issue - the default font size for the highlights is very small, so if Firefox's minimum font size kicks in (for those who have it set), the text flows out of the frame.

For reference, here's what it looks like without minimum font size: note the lack of scrollbars in this case. (Aurora is the Firefox alpha build.)

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:29:28 pm by FreeSpaceFreak »