Author Topic: Any recommendations?  (Read 5299 times)

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Any recommendations?
I've played the freespace campaign and now i'm looking for a new campaign. And since there are so many i wanted to know if you guys can recommend any.
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I thought Derelict was pretty good, there were a few things that kinda made it repetative but i won't spoil it. I thought it was pretty good nevertheless
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Derelict needs to get some friggin sound. It pisses me off trying to read all the stuff.

Tech-Sup's good, or at least what they've done so far.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Yeah, im surprised i beat some missions, the dialouge is pretty good, but i'll admit, i spent at least a third of the missions reading the dialouge and going back to the messages menu to see what was said when i missed it.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Ascension of the Beyond!
It's only the first four missions, but still pretty nice. :nod:
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Nuclear1

oh no......

p1mpage! :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Nice Pimping

Reprocity is lookin good.

Can't wait to play it when it comes out.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Razor

Warzone was good, far better than Derelict. Derelict is a bit messed up in my opinion :nod:

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
the 158th is coming along, we expect to release act 1 in June of 2003, assuming all goes according to plan that is.  Act 2 will be released shortly after.  Personally, i enjoyed Derelict quite a bit, but i had the feeling it was undertested.  I got some glitches here and there.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Derelict is a bit messed up in my opinion :nod:

Now that's an understatement. :p :D (I'm not really a fan of Derelict :p) Warzone was indeed better in my opinion too. :nod:

I should have The Procyon Insurgency completed in a month or so; I can then finally have something that I can p1mp in the forums. :D (but for now, go here :D)

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
I would recommend Warzone, because it's excellent fun. IceFIAR did it too, so how can I not? :p

On that note, I would recommend Derelict too, but I'm not exactly the most impartial person in the world to be doing that. It's a bit different from the main FS2 campaign in parts... :rolleyes:

And BWO will be A1-SUPAR! *p1mp* *p1mp* That's not to say I'm not looking formward the Machina Terra (though I'm not terribly impartial on that one anymore), and Reciprocity.

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
Originally posted by Corsair
Ascension of the Beyond!
It's only the first four missions, but still pretty nice. :nod:

I keep getting a 404 when I try to download that. Is there an alternative location, or maybe you could email me it?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
BWO is also one I am looking forward to. :nod:

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
I am looking forward to finishing it. :D

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Yeah BWO looks sick

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
sick or slick? :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Sick! All those pervy blue ultra-dildoes in space! And I don't even want to know what the so-called "E.A." cruisers are supposed to look like!:D

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
sumthin like that

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Originally posted by Kellan
I keep getting a 404 when I try to download that. Is there an alternative location, or maybe you could email me it?
I can email it to you but what you get will not be the completely bugfixed and spelling edited version. It plays well though. Just give me a yell if you want it.
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Don't forget GalacticEmperor's conversion of the FS1 campaign. And Derelict was awesome; definitely the best I've played.