Author Topic: Let's Play the Battlestar Galactica board game  (Read 15208 times)

Offline Shade

Re: Let's Play the Battlestar Galactica board game
Yeah, would like to see some distance on the next jump. Fuel reserves are good now.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
would you have prefered a span of two, with two fuel loss and 1 morale loss to the span of one with a net +1 fuel? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Shade

Oh my, such righteous indignation! :D Nope, as I recall we were all agreed that the 2nd tylium planet was a Good Move (tm), seeing as how we failed the roll on the first.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Thank you for your support, although I feel obliged to point out that that should be not (tm), but rather, Patent Pending. As soon as the patent office gets back to me, I'll have a legalized trade practice monopoly on Making Good Moves.

It's gonna be a thing. Just wait.

Offline Shade

Soo... when'll you two next have time to continue this? I'm kinda itching just a bit to pick it up again :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I should probably work at work today.  :(

Offline Shade

Scandalous. Who do they think they are, asking you to actually work for your pay?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Who's up for a game tonight around 7 EST? Maybe a bit later?

Offline Shade

I should be around by then.

[Edit] Definitely will be around by then.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:33:40 pm by Shade »

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
I could do 10 EST...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Not tonight, chaps. I'm going to be spending it with the lady. Sorry.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Howsabout wednesday evening, say 18:00 or 20:00 est?

Offline Shade

Could probably make that.

So this thread has turned into an RPG now? In that case heres my contribution.

The U.S.S. Enterprise enters a time warp causing it to travel back in time 150,000 years. Unfortunately it crashes into the Galactica destroying both ships as well as destroying humanity's future. The end.

JK. Now about that vassal engine. Can I play against an A.I opponent? Id like to know before I download it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:54:34 pm by FreespacePilot2010 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, there is no AI and the game does not enforce its own rules; it just gives you the board and you play as if the board was physically in front of you.

Offline Shade

No, you need human opponents. Besides, honestly, this game would be no good vs AIs. It's all about human interaction.

I see that you can play over email and not necessarily in realtime. Thats good for me because most of my friends are long distance and I never know when there online.Ill download it and try it out with one.

I must say again, for the record, this game is TITS.

I have the game and both expansions in my home and never turn down a chance to play them. It has been a while so I want to get a live game going very soon!

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Vassal has the exodus expansion almostly (which is a word now) worked in! come play!

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Since I'm snowed in and going nowhere, anyone up for a round of vassal boardgame BSG?

Also, 100th post! yay!