Author Topic: sounds upgrade test  (Read 3021 times)

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
hello everyone! i just TRY to implement freespace sounds and re balance them in a better and realistic way (however,for my tastes)  :)
this is my first attempt to give an hand fr this community and share something i do, so feel free to test them and judge;
IMPORTANT!!! first of all make a copy backup of the sparky_fs2.vp folder and ships.tbl before continue.
then substitute the files inside the folders whit this:

EDIT...

AS promise i have reworked in other sounds and changed the first one wth this more ''fs2-like'' as you noticed me.
all this sounds are re-sampled at 44100 Khz 32 bit

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxzw5dc6cunz6in

-improved asteroids explosions
-improved in-cockpit sound
-improved afterburner sound
-change targeting sounds
-change alert for heat seeking and missiles
-change  capital and stations sounds proximity
-re-balanced sounds in a realistic way (i take ispiration from f 16 internal cockpit sounds and i know in space sounds can't be heard but is more funny  :D )
now i've worked for the external ambient whit more low frequency for the engine rumble of the capital ships and let the middle and the high frequency for in-cockpit avionics
ENJOY and let me know!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:09:48 pm by torc »
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Interesting.. question though.. why didn't you put all these files in a single download? i have very little motivation to go through all the clicks to download about 15 files from mediafire separately.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i tried to put all those files in a folder but it's my first time i share something and i am not able...sorry  :(
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
ok,,,i fixed it

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Being the resident sound-guy, I have to say that some of these upgrades are decent (particularly the engine sounds), however the alert sounds and afterburner sounds seem out of place in the FreeSpace soundscape.

Otherwise, well done.  If you're looking for someone else to work with you on sound upgrade (I'm working on a missile-launch sound replacement at the moment), then feel free to PM me.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Looking into this now over the next few days. Would we have permission (if it's agreed that they pass muster) to be able to include any of them into the next Release of the MediaVPs?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:27:30 am by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
thanks for your replies!  :D i'm still working on them and i appreciate your comments.
i am particulary satisfied about in-cockpit sound and asteroid explosion... i know i've to work on it again, but if the community and developers are  intersted to implement my work on new release i can continue to elaborate sounds more similiar to the originals  :yes:

let me know what you want do... thanks...i am very happy to help! and forgive my english  :)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Could you make a sounds.tbl compatible with the current mediavps?

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
yeah i'm still balancing sounds before working on the correct table  :). tomorrow i'll post a new update with new sounds more '' fs-like '' than the first one
and new capital ships engines.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
These are quite good, I think that if it was possible to assign ship interface sounds to ships, they'd be great for WiH.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i'm not shure what are you saying, but changing the sound.tbl all mods should affect the change.
EDIT: in first post new update  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:11:15 pm by torc »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
No, I meant that F-16 style sounds should be included into BP and exclusive to UEF ships from WiH, but it's impossible right now.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I tried these out, I'm not entirely set on the alarms but the beeps and engine sounds are awesome. :D

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
thanks zane....i'm still working on it....too soon new vp and tables for simulate a ''real'' in cockpit sounds for a better immersion...just wait a little while  :)

i Hope all your subwoofer will explodes near the capitals!!!!  ;7
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:06:58 pm by torc »