Author Topic: War in Heaven Community Multiplayer Project  (Read 14236 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: War in Heaven Community Multiplayer Project
This sounds kind of satisfactory, but presumably it'd kill both players and that would mean losing ships would just ram?

Offline -Sara-

Unless it can register head-on collision, or perhaps punish whoever crashes harder into the other. (For example, a head-on headbang hurts more than getting poked in the wing). Explosions would still hurt the other player. This may make it a tactic in team play to go and ram the enemy when you run out of health.

Other interesting factors can be the importance of knocking down subsystems. Perhaps if a sensor goes down on a capship, your beam and artillery distance is halved (since they autofire). If nav goes down your ship no longer gives warning sounds when nearly colliding with someone. If the weapons subsystem goes down perhaps your ship can no longer use their flak and smaller turrets to hold off missiles, fighters, etc. Losing engines is obvious, 0 speed, stranding. Losing the communications array may make it impossible to command your fighters if a mission grants players fighter support.

Perhaps special multi-versions of capships can be made, giving all ships missile abilities (also GTVA ships). I found it's possible to win with a huge difference in capship battles as long as you glide sideways in time to use your flak turrets to take out the enemies missiles.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I like the idea of destroyable subsystems but if we allow turrets to be destroyable they'll need some good armor, as would the other ones.

and yeah that's a good idea, have versions of all the player caps with missiles.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:58:43 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
We just played a couple rounds of this TvT in capships, it's okay but the hugfighting is a real issue and using ETS in multi TvT seems to cause turrets to stop firing.  :blah:

I suggested some time ago ingame that all capships in cap-fights should have a kamikaze code. :) If you bump into someone, you die. Maybe bells and whistles start to go off when you get too close, warning you.

Kinda happened (out of chance) because the Sanctus had a huge Mass value, allowing it to plow through Aeolus cruisers.
Ramming kills aren't very fun.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline -Sara-

I like the idea of destroyable subsystems but if we allow turrets to be destroyable they'll need some good armor, as would the other ones.

and yeah that's a good idea, have versions of all the player caps with missiles.

I'd godmode turrets, just knock them out when certain subsystems go.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline -Sara-

Kinda happened (out of chance) because the Sanctus had a huge Mass value, allowing it to plow through Aeolus cruisers.
Ramming kills aren't very fun.

Perhaps a multi-version of the ship, since they'd probably be modified with missiles or other ballance means anyway? I can imagine slash-beams may find themselves altered as well to give GTVA ships a more reliable fighting chance.

Offline Hades

sgreens have a dogfight version with 30 second recharge and 3.5 beam lifetime, up from 45 seconds and 2.5 beam lift-time, the dps on the default sgreen is 64.

And yes, the Sanctus was modified and uploaded to the SVN.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

What's its DPS now? :P
(´・ω・`)

Offline Hades

Tits if I know. :nervous:
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
While testing the mission bp2-mc01 I encountered this assert.

LUA ERROR: [string "bp2-betty-sct.tbm - On State Start"]:57: attempt to index field 'communications' (a nil value)

I got this error when I died and tried to click on 'observer mode' to respawn. (should have more than one life but game crashes anyways) I have been getting this bug every time I try to respawn. I think it has something to do with the implementation of '*****ing betty'. Here is a debug log.

Note: I used vanilla because the SVN multi version causes asserts before I hit the menu. Something about the player beam turrets.

http://pastebin.com/PiEsqxFp

Has anyone else run into this bug? I would think you all would have run into it on Sunday.

EDIT: here's the assert I get with the debug build on SVN multi. nightley 6832

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.13
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 16
  -spec_static 1.25
  -spec_point 1.5
  -spec_tube 1.5
  -ambient_factor 60
  -env
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -normal
  -post_process
  -mod blueplanet2_multi,blueplanet2,blueplanet,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-adv-visuals.vp' with a checksum of 0x2fa0cebd
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x60465ead
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x24b50f90
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x5d4c1bfb
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x8fea63ef
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0xcc452f9d
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0x060bee91
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xe2219ccf
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x7e75407b
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x44c7e8dd
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2_multi\' ... 13 files
Searching root 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\' ... 266 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-adv-visuals.vp' ... 23 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' ... 154 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' ... 61 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' ... 494 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' ... 1976 files
Searching root 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\' ... 2 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' ... 685 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' ... 46 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' ... 326 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1488 files
Searching root 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\' ... 274 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\' ... 87 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games-2\Freesace2  - 3.6.12\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 31 roots and 18160 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : SB X-Fi Audio [0001]
  OpenAL Version    : OpenAL version 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

EFX:  Unable to create Aux effect!

Sample rate: 48000 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: SB X-Fi Audio [0001]
  Capture device: Microphone 2 (Creative SB X-Fi)
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1280x1024 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
  OpenGL Version   : 4.1.10362 Compatibility Profile Context

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (null-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (null-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lb-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (b-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (b-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (b-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (bg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfb-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (null-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ls-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ln-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lsne-f.sdr)

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 16384x16384
  Max render buffer size: 16384x16384
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  Using GLSL for model rendering.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 4.10
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 760 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 52 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-tcard-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-stupid-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-csc-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-betty-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-sdf.tbm' ...
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
Windows reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-mfl.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (explo3.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (HFlakExp.eff) with 48 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06b.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (bomb_flare.eff) with 69 frames at 20 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'bp2-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'multi-wep.tbm' ...
WARNING: "Invalid +Index value of 0 specified for beam section on weapon 'SGreen#player'; valid values at this point are 0 to -1." at weapons.cpp:2131
Freeing all existing models...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:22:16 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Droid803

AFAIK, Observer mode is broken for all multi.
Some bug in the code.
Not 100% on that one.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Shade

Observer mode is fine. If it is crashing, it's something else causing it. To determine what, then for starters, stuff that causes asserts in debug needs to go (SGreen#player, I'm looking at you). After that, we can start actually testing.

Incidentally, a general rule of thumb with this sort of thing is that if it doesn't run in debug, don't commit it.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Hades

I had to make the sgreen#player from several sources so yeah it's probably my fault, I will run it through debug and fix it though.

EDIT: Fixed, commiting
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Shade

Much better :yes:
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Droid803

Hmmm...ok then, its probably something to do with Obs mode not liking the Betty script.
(´・ω・`)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
SVN updated. I fixed observer mode and got it to work, but I had to disable betty to do it. Let me know what you all think about this.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Tried to setup a standalone.  Get the following:   "no actions specified for conditional hook in file 'bp2-betty-sct.tbm'"
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah that damn Betty script really doesn't seem to like multi.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Sorry Fubar, I didn't see this until now.
Tried to setup a standalone.  Get the following:   "no actions specified for conditional hook in file 'bp2-betty-sct.tbm'"

I get that same error in debug. I think the reason why Is because I replaced the betty script with a blank script to essentially 'kill' betty. I believe the assert is just letting you know that there is a script in your mod that does nothing. It should work otherwise. Observer mode works fine now, and multi seems to work ok in release mode without any betty related asserts.

If there's a better way to do this please let me know.

And thanks much for trying to get WIH multi up and running on your standalones. That should be a big help in the future if it gets off the ground.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Whatever the last change was it got by the error.  Standalone now up. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras