Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 87323 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Must've been my phone screen then, doesn't look as super-green on the PC.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 07:12:17 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
For some reason, the GTVA warships tend to look funny from the front to me.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

...so that's where they got the inspiration from...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I extracted RGB values straight from MVP tiles, along with patterns of plating lines. I textured her with old HTL Deimos on second screen, so except for some custom ideas I wanted, she is 95% matching to older mesh. When I examined Hades' mesh I quickly realized that it inherited lots of ideas from older Deimos so I followed this as general direction.

Results will always differ a bit from retail also because nature of PBR and FSO lighting code. PBR surfaces react differently to environment conditions compared to vanilla textures.

As for the front: She is cute, isn't she :P ?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

It seems to me that as a community, we *might* have a bit of a "face-ship" (or ship-face?) problem.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
ship face pr0n

I don't appreciate your judgement.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It seems to me that as a community, we *might* have a bit of a "face-ship" (or ship-face?) problem.

Hidden Text: Show
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That's hot. This gives me hope for the Orion.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Looks good! Only kind of weird thing is the darker grey texture on the head, front, and sides being green instead but that's really not a big issue.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I actually quite like the beam cannons, but I sometimes wonder if the glow ring would make any sense in a real-life military setting. The size of the cannon seems fitting for the size of the beam but I think the glow ring makes it stand out like a dart board, as if it's inviting the enemy to bomb it.

This would tactically make the Moloch more dangerous since its front eye is a laser turret - the real fire is down below. :drevil:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:53:59 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon