Author Topic: BSG Online Beta Access  (Read 6692 times)

Offline chapel

BSG Online Beta Access

I just spent half an hour writing up a review of the first stages (side/ship selection/character creation/flight-combat-docking turorial) of my BSGO Beta account I got 4 days ago but the HL Forum had a brain fart and I lost all of it.... :mad:

so here, have a couple of screenshots...

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7083/inflightv.png
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5647/cic.png

Offline newman

Re: BSG Online Beta Access
Um, doesn't the NDA still apply? It's still a *closed* beta, correct?
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline chapel

Not to my knowledge, I wasn't requested to sign nor have I seen an NDA of any kind, not prior to/during/since sign up. I will investigate regardless. The reason I created this thread was to show the diaspora team and guests about BSGO and any similarities to Diaspora... there are none and I believe the latter will be the better game which was explained in my failed attempt to create this thread to begin with.

I'll rewrite the thread if anybody is actually interested...

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
The open beta begins on 8th.

Offline newman

You did something similar to signing an NDA when you accepted the terms of service. Easy to forget that one but legally binding click :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's being covered on major gaming sites.

Offline newman

So? Being covered as in a few lines of very general information and the announcement for open beta on feb 8, yes. In-depth reviews? No. Just saying, those participating in closed beta would probably be smart to wait until beta goes open - so another week - before publishing any in-depth reviews.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well I just read a pretty in-depth review (on Kotaku I think, maybe on RPS).

so on the 8th we will be able to play the beta?  i am looking forward to checking this one out, it looks awesome!

i hope i won't have to do a verification check every post i do.. it will annoy the **** out of me if so.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The verification posts stop pretty soon (somebody should add a note about that), but bear in mind this forum is for Diaspora, not Battlestar Galactica Online.

oh, i didn't realize that this post was about that game(it bites) and thought it was for this one. im in that beta already.. i would love to test for you all on this one because i think its an awesome concept for a bsg game and what i have seen so far is sweet. i've been in many betas and i'm in several right now. if you all are letting some in your closed beta i would like to be considered as a tester. i am one of the devs for Miner Wars atm (just a community manager) and i have received awards for my beta testing.. i even have my name in the credits for shattered horizon along with about 20 others for outstanding beta participation.
anyway, great work you all on this one and i look forward to playing in the future!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
You're a real bush hog, ain't you, Mr. Josey Wales?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I like bragging about my non existent exploits too! Weee~!
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hey, I don't think he's making it up. Don't be hostile!

(Also is being a bush hog a good thing or a bad thing?)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I dunno, Clint shot the rube who said it and spat chew on his face soon after though.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Richard

I tried it, it's a bad game, and with BigPoint it'll become a money game.
Never play at BigPoint games.

i can back up what i say FraktuRe..  :p

nice one on remembering the movie StarSlayer! it's one of my favorites!
as for th bsg game i though that the graphics were ok, just. but the controls are for kiddies and not serious gamers. no flight physics or anything. it reminds me of an old arcade game for the most part. it will be good for the 12 and under crowd i think but its not a game i will be playing.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

here is my sig for Miner Wars and the link to check it out.. its a great game and one i recommend. it is far from finished but i have a good time blasting the destructable environment and fragging the bot enemies.. soon the code for multi and co-op should be done and it will get even better. after the single/co-op version is done work will start on the MMO version of the game. anyhow, i think it's one worth checking out.

http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=5025

i also have posted the sig i used for SH when i was testing it. i make up my own as well as make them up for others.. so if anyone would like one let me know.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think we've had a few Miner Wars threads here and good things have been said.

From the videos that ive seen of it the game doesnt appear to be an action space combat game. It looks more like a point and click style game like eve online.Is that true? Also the only good thing from the game that I can see in those screen shots is the ability to tour the galactica. But they should just make a BSG FPS.