Author Topic: Volition: 'We'd Kill To Make FreeSpace 3' on Nowgamer.com  (Read 28682 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: Volition: 'We'd Kill To Make FreeSpace 3' on Nowgamer.com
Some names like "Terrans" and "Orion" are far too much standardized in sci-fi for any sort of copyright to apply though.

Gorion-class Spelljammer...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
This is one of the moments when multiple personalities would be nice for handling those entirely opposite feelings I'm having...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I don't believe that they should make a Freespace 3 yet, if ever. Part of the charm is that it's still "ongoing".

Offline wistler

I don't think the age of the ip would hamper the success of  a FS3 game, as Fallout 3 shows.

The only way I could get to play it would be on console, as my gaming rig is well outdated. And as someone said, the moneys in console games.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
It's not really worth playing to me unless it's done right. I wouldn't care how many juicy fanboy plot details they put in.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
This is one of the moments when multiple personalities would be nice for handling those entirely opposite feelings I'm having...
no, It'd exasperate the dilemma, trust me.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
no, It'd exasperate the dilemma, trust me.

Debateable. :) One could always let the two argue amongst themselves and choose the one with the better points.

Offline Drogoth

They'd kill for FS3? Hell, I'D kill for FS3. I wanna know what happened to Bosch. I wanna know more about the ancients, I want earth back

And i damn well want to see what Volition could do with modern graphics. Mediavps blew my mind, but imagine what they could do with studio support. Zomgzgomzgomg
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
If they can make it and there are sufficient beta testers from "the community"(IE us who have held the faith for 12 years) to make sure that it's really FS3 and not some soulless console shooter then I wholeheartedly agree.  I would not see FS resurrected and sewn up funny ala Halo: Reach however.  If they wanna make a Freespace: Reach, I'll probably do something unpleasant.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
We should all add Boone on Facebook,:yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Who is this Boone?
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Nuclear1

Who is this Boone?
Jim Boone, producer.  Also FREDed several FS missions.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Some names like "Terrans" and "Orion" are far too much standardized in sci-fi for any sort of copyright to apply though.

Gorion-class Spelljammer...

I C wat U did thar.

BG reference.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
They should get some of our Fredders on the team though, because fs2 retail fredding is pretty bad compared to some of the stuff the community has released  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
They should get some of our Fredders on the team though, because fs2 retail fredding is pretty bad compared to some of the stuff the community has released  :p
You do have to remember that they FREDded with a lot less features/sexps than we have now. Some things which may be a workaround in FREDding for us would have been just about impossible for them. Not to mention FreeSpace 3 would more than likely be built on a completely new editor, which may not be too different or it could be entirely different.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
And will probably come out without editor's tools at first, so... game of no modding value, but I will get it just to see how the story develops.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That's actually not necessarily true.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hence the "probably" on the sentence, and to think that it might be a console/pc release makes me be almost certain that it will not feature modding tools, at least not at the start.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Veers

Out of curiousity,

Any idea how much the FS licence would sell for?, or around?, (as an approximation).

Assuming it was as easy as handing over the money and walking out with it.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You do have to remember that they FREDded with a lot less features/sexps than we have now. Some things which may be a workaround in FREDding for us would have been just about impossible for them. Not to mention FreeSpace 3 would more than likely be built on a completely new editor, which may not be too different or it could be entirely different.
Well aware of that, I'm mostly talking about quality control. There's quite a bit of sloppiness in retail missions that our experienced fred trained eyes would pick up on.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them