Author Topic: Checklist for modded MP mission  (Read 2751 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Checklist for modded MP mission
For a super-secret-reason I need to be sure I'm not missing somthing before I can upload a multi-mission using the SoI-mod files....

- own mod-folder with mod.ini CHECK
- all required maps/models/sounds CHECK
- required additional tbls (species-defs, sound, briefing-icons) CHECK
- required tbms (-shp & -wep) CHECK
- Mission CHECK

Am I missing something?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: Checklist for modded MP mission
It's surprisingly simple.

As long as you and all other players in your game have 'the mod in question' loaded onto their computer and the host selects a coop, TvT, or dogfight enabled mission made for that mod. That's all you need to play.

In oversimplified terms
Singleplayer mod + Multiplayer mission(s) = Multiplayer mod

If you have any scripts or LUAs in your mod you might want to test it in multiplayer by yourself just to make sure they don't break the game.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Run debug and fix any errors/warning in the mod.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

Run debug and fix any errors/warning in the mod.

done,
nothing critical just two complains about effects and one about the icons tbl being too long....

If you have any scripts or LUAs in your mod you might want to test it in multiplayer by yourself just to make sure they don't break the game.

Got none (I know I'm boring)

---

well then I'll wrap it up in a nice clean VP - release will be on Monday ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:24:42 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Those warnings will crash standalone servers so they need fixed.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

This one is not coming from my mod (not even from the cut down version I seperated for early release!) - or at least I don't see where it originates in my mod-files

Weapon explosion 'Kayer_Impact' does not have an LOD0 anim!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! Warning + 430 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! weapon_explosions::Load + 296 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! parse_weapon + 7848 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! parse_weaponstbl + 172 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! parse_modular_table + 267 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! weapon_init + 101 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! game_init + 1900 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! game_main + 519 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! WinMain + 330 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! __tmainCRTStartup + 358 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! WinMainCRTStartup + 15 bytes
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 14 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlCreateUserProcess + 140 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlCreateProcessParameters + 78 bytes

==================

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Somebody typo'd something somewhere. The actual effect should be "Kayser_Impact"
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline 0rph3u5

Somebody typo'd something somewhere. The actual effect should be "Kayser_Impact"

note to self: more copy and paste, less typing when making weapons for an alien species

and fixed...

If I could only get that icons.tbl to work proberly...

==================

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

If "getting icons-tbl to work properly" you mean "being able to have more entries" you're going to have to wait for a code change to take place that allows for it to be dynamically manipulated by a TBM. There is a limit to the number of entries you can have, and that number is divided by 3 to carry Terran, Vasudan and Shivan classifications for each type. (The Types would also have to become dynamically expandable). The dynamic expansion would also still have to retain the ability to properly parse the existing retail entries as well, so that isn't going to be a lot of fun for whom ever does it.

If you mean you've altered entries to use your own icons, why not just rename yours to match the already provided names in the appropriate classification at which point they become simple drop in replacements?
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.

Offline 0rph3u5

If "getting icons-tbl to work properly" you mean "being able to have more entries"

I want to get rid of that:

Too many icons in icons.tbl; only the first 140 will be used
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! Warning + 430 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! brief_parse_icon_tbl + 657 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! game_init + 1787 bytes

To accomidate a 4th species I had to expand the icons.tbl a little bit... otherwise I get this:

The following species are missing icon info in icons.tbl:
Axxxxxxx

kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 171 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! Error + 229 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! brief_parse_icon_tbl + 1388 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF.exe! game_init + 1787 bytes
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:50:04 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

140/3 = 46 usable icons per species.

If you are trying to add a fourth species on top of the FS2 ones (without removing any) then that cannot currently be done.

Yet.

¤[D+¬>

Offline 0rph3u5

then I'll have to make them shivan in the -shp.tbm for a work-around....

==================