Author Topic: Controls  (Read 5798 times)

Are the final controls for the game finished? What I mean is, are the controls the exact same ones used in FS2 or have you added or eliminated anything? I am trying to get a jump on building my cockpits panels and programming the encoder.
Thanks

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
They're not finished.  So far, we probably won't be using afterburner or countermeasures, and we've added a primary firepoint grouping selection option.  We'll probably also be adding a control to toggle computer assisted targeting.  Other than that, I can't think of anything else that should be changing.  Oh, we will probably only have 2 segment shields, so instead of 4 quadrants to adjust, you'll just have front and back.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
How does the code on the shield work, Chief? I know for Stellar Assault we wanted a singular shield...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's in Wanderer's branch, which he recently synced with trunk.  It has support for 1 and 2 segment shields in addition to FS2's 4 segment, and possibly some others, I forget.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
They're not finished.  So far, we probably won't be using afterburner or countermeasures, and we've added a primary firepoint grouping selection option.  We'll probably also be adding a control to toggle computer assisted targeting.

his computer's off

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
They're not finished.  So far, we probably won't be using afterburner or countermeasures, and we've added a primary firepoint grouping selection option.  We'll probably also be adding a control to toggle computer assisted targeting.

his computer's off

Friggin' Reddit and Facebook.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What about using the force? Surely that will require some new controls.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
What about using the force? Surely that will require some new controls.

Force powers will be done as quick time events and we'll just re-use the existing binds for them.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, right. Of course.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'm not entirely sure if that was a joke or not... :confused:

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
QuickTime was Jobs joke on the world

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The greatest trick the Devil Steve Jobs every played was convincing the world that he didn't exist Quicktime was a good format for video.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hell, at least it's not Real Media. :p

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
It definitely be fascinating to see force-based gameplay in FotG though. :drevil:

It definitely be fascinating to see force-based gameplay in FotG though. :drevil:
But only in certain missions.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline newman

Meh, I've had it up to here with "the Force". At least keep it out of space sims.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Press Spacebar to force push target

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hell, at least it's not Real Media. :p

Real wasn't all that bad, mang...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline guitarfan01

• Longtime Lurker
The only force abilities (I refuse to call them "powers" as if Luke and Yoda were comic book superheroes) I can think of with any use in ship to ship combat at all are the limited precognition/enhanced reflexes and the confusion of minds.  Being able to confuse an enemy pilot as to which ships are the enemy ones or exactly how to make the third turn in Beggar's Canyon back home might be rather amusing.  Enhanced reflexes could be similar to the Max Payne bullet time if it was wanted.

Has anyone made a "slow time" mod?  I know the engine has the ability to scale time down (or would it be called up) for compression, would it work in the opposite direction, I wonder?

Offline newman

Has anyone made a "slow time" mod?  I know the engine has the ability to scale time down (or would it be called up) for compression, would it work in the opposite direction, I wonder?

Yep, there was bullet time in TBP. You could use it with shadows fighters and it was pretty cool. Courtesy of Vidmaster, iirc. I really don't think it belongs in an xwing type sim though.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb