Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 3510 times)

Vincenta196

Hi everyone, just saying hi to everyone. I have a campain almost complete, it just needs a few more days of testing and it should be free. Most likely it will be done and I will upload it at my website chapter by chapter.

As for the story of the campain, it is basicly a continuation of the origional campain, taking place around the time you enter the 70th blue lions (you are a different pilot someplace else). The campain is a total of 34 missions and I also made them co-opable (the reason why it's taking extensive testing). The campaign tries to wrap up loose ends in the origional campaign (we all know what those loose ends are). I would really like to get this campaign out there in the world for some more extensive feed back so any who want to give it a go is more than welcome.
thanks for everything

------------------
"Casualties many: percent dead not known: we are winning." - PFC Raynold's response to my "what's your status?" while he is testing FS2 campain.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome to the HLPBB! I like the sound of your campaign, and it certanly looks like your going to lengths to make it work well, i'm definitely interested in it  

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder

Fight the future!

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Vincenta196

Oh, I forgot one thing. I want to know how to make a mod. Who knows how many times I wished I could edit some shivan ships, or put a whole new race all together.....
Anyways, I don't know if i need to download something or make something and convert it or what. I have a graphic artist friend who specializes in 3d modeling, so converting (i think) wont be an issue. Any help would be appreciated

------------------
"Casualties many: percent dead not known: we are winning." - PFC Raynold's response to my "what's your status?" while he is testing FS2 campain.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
From the sounds of it - you want to learn how to model (theres several types of modding... weapons editing, ship editing *both use the .tbl files* and skinning and modelling)

I dont know how to model, but I know you'll need something like Truespace or 3DS Max or LW, and be able to convert your model into a .COB...

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder

Fight the future!

Vincenta196

thanks for the info, its appreciated. i guess getting the modeling down is going to be the simple part (i think), but still I don't know about putting weopons on it and armor rating and such.
Btw, my CO suggested to me that there most likely is a way for me to edit the weopons for playable ships (harpoon, maxim). Is there anyway I can do that?

------------------

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
You'll have to extract the weapons and ships.tbl files with VPview.  They're part of the handy-dandy DMtools kit.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
To learn how to edit the tables, just study them a while and you'll understand what value means. Trust me.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome to the Forums  

But dude, you still haven't told me the name of the campaign  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Damn! I never noticed there was no name for the campaign!

------------------

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
As soon as I get the name, I can post some news  

Vincenta196

sorry guys, i wasn't thinking strait.

the name of the Campain is "Project Shivana"

oh, and by the way, earlier in another forum, I wrote that the campain was 34 mission, I was mistaken. I accidently counted all the missions that this comp. has, since it has most of the work. i thought I transfered the files over from the other systems. I found the final draft document of all my mission outlines and such. 50 missions in all. 49 multi co-op. sorry for such the big #

------------------

[This message has been edited by Vincenta196 (edited 03-20-2001).]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
So it's not a single player campaign?  

Vincenta196

oh, it is. 50 of them you can play in single player. if you want to do multi co-op, you can do all the same missions with 3 of your friends except the very last mission, which is special and only for single. however, I probobly will make a 50th level for the multi just to make it even

------------------

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Amazing! 50 whole missions! Great work  

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
50 missions?! More than the FreeSpace 2 main campaign!

------------------

GTD Excellence Webmaster

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I can't wait - and it'll be co-op too