Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48598 times)

Offline crizza

So, how does targeting with that SPG work?
Don't want to wast my money^^

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You press shift, and you get a birds-eye-view of the battle.  Your reticle varies from circular to oval depending on distance to target, and several guns have maximum ranges that don't make it across maps (from what I've heard, that virtually disappears once you get to Tier 4 or 5).

Remember that your reload time can probably be measured in minutes with a ****ty crew, you have less armor than a tissue box, and your maneuverability is **** and you'll be more likely to survive.

SPGs are the ultimate glass cannon.  High tier SPGs can one shot Tier 10 heavy tanks.  I've seen it happen.  The blast radii are huge, the damage is immense, and the range is extreme.  Plus, the ability to fire over obstacles is not to be underestimated.

In short: They're difficult but devastating.  And also very expensive to grind.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
My Bison has given me an awful lot of creds though. I guess that'll change once I get to higher tier SPGs. :blah:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Hummel ammo costs 1.1k a shot. Which is a kick in the balls half the time, but it's oddly still a pretty good moneymaker.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone else problems running the latest update for the european region? When accessing the Homepage, the nice word "Forbidden" appears after clicking the link.

Edit: The support actually works...problem solved.

**** that, they actually want me to download the client again, although I'm running the latest version, are they nuts?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:30:53 am by crizza »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Same here, seems they may have broken things when they worked on the server. I'll download and try running again.

Edit: Ah, just remembered they're updating the servers to 6.6 so it will be down until 16:00 UTC. No WoT for now. :blah:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:01:41 am by Pred the Penguin »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Thanks for the info.

Has anyone else problems running the latest update for the european region? When accessing the Homepage, the nice word "Forbidden" appears after clicking the link.

**** that, they actually want me to download the client again, although I'm running the latest version, are they nuts?

You're no longer running the latest version after the patch.  Hence, download again.

Offline crizza

Thanks for the info.

You're no longer running the latest version after the patch.  Hence, download again.
Not at all.
I only had to download the patch (200 somethingmb) and not the full client (1,36gig).

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Holy crap that patch ****ed me over.  I was headed down the German medium tank tree.  I had advanced as far as the VK3001(P).  After this update, the VK3001(P) is quite seriously the single most removed tank I could have from the medium tank line.  Instead, they dump me back in the Pz III/IV I thought I was done with to research two more medium tanks and change.  Yay me.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I know what you mean. I now have a solid gap across all the lines so looking at my tree it's impossible to figure out how I got the Pz IV or anything it could lead to.

In other observations, the new E-100 and its new gun is a trap to get you to buy premium ammo. The E-50 and E-75 appear to be pretty fun, though, and the Tiger(P) is actually a monster if you can't flank it.

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

I don't get used to my SPG Bison...I rarely hit something and whily being often the last tank standing, my mates call me a SPG-noob^^

Offline Patriot

You know, you could've done the smart thing and read up on the Patch Notes. If you did, you wouldn't be in this predicament(although i'm also at the PzIII/IV, out of my own volition though)

Also, got my first E-Series kill in my Löwe, was quite a snipe on Prokhorovka from the middle of the train tracks to the bushes on the west side of the map :3  Killed me a KT right before him too xD

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You know, you could've done the smart thing and read up on the Patch Notes. If you did, you wouldn't be in this predicament(although i'm also at the PzIII/IV, out of my own volition though)

Yeah, so you can totally redirect from Tier 6 in the less-than-a-week the patchnotes were out.

Pull the other one, it plays '80s rock.

A Feddie Story

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
2.1GB Download, ouch!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Also, got my first E-Series kill in my Löwe, was quite a snipe on Prokhorovka from the middle of the train tracks to the bushes on the west side of the map :3  Killed me a KT right before him too xD

I've had the VK3001(P) since a week before the patch notes were out.  The VK3001(P) is the ONLY one of the VK series T6 medium tanks that DOESN'T go the direction I want to go now, and that DIDN'T go another direction beforehand.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
They just announced World of Battleships.

**** this game, I want that one.

A Feddie Story

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Ohhh my god. o_o Wargaming is gonna suck my life away...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So, I upgraded the turret on my Tiger P.

Whereas before I was just a boxy target, I am now a Tank among tanks.  SOP is to park in an alley with my front toward the enemy and shout "COME AT ME BRO" while laughing at their pathetic attempts to damage me.  On Himmelsdorf, I took 38 shots, killed five enemy tanks, and would have gotten a sixth due to engine fire had the game not ended before it exploded simply by parking in the middle of the east alley.  Oh, and I also survived the game.  Hello, Steel Wall.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That is quite insane... Too bad my current tier 4 tank won't take me to it. I'm pretty happy where I am though, derping around in low tier tanks trying to find noobs own. :lol:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, there are days where I wish I'd kept my T18 or something similar.

A Feddie Story