Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48305 times)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Damn money woes, these x5 weekend have got me more tanks than I can afford unlocked now.

KV1, T1HT, M4, 3601, T34-85, StuG, hellcat, so many choices, so few credits.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I don't have much time to play on weekends... :(

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Grindgrindgrindgrindgrind......

And..and you know what tanks I hate? Russian tanks. Especially KV-1 and KV-1S!
Who the hell balanced those things?
Fully upgradrd tier V and VI tanks of other nations can't ever seem to scratch them, regardless where I shoot.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The KV-1S is pretty loltastic now that it has a 122 non-derp in T6, but the KV-1 is actually pretty fairly balanced.  At least, I've never had any particular problem with them.  Hell, now that they don't get the 107 or 152 at that tier, it's downright enjoyable to find one of them on the other team.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
KV-1 is a pain when you're a mere T4 TD that has trouble penning them

Offline CKid

I use to hate the KV-1. But when the top guns where removed, I never had a issue with it. I still get the odd bounce, or "that one didn't go through!" time to time but my fear of them has disappeared.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
KV-1 is a pain when you're a mere T4 TD that has trouble penning them

It's much less of a pain now that they can't pop you like a grape with a single hit from the 107.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Grindgrindgrindgrindgrind......

And..and you know what tanks I hate? Russian tanks. Especially KV-1 and KV-1S!
Who the hell balanced those things?
Fully upgradrd tier V and VI tanks of other nations can't ever seem to scratch them, regardless where I shoot.
Where are you shooting them? The KV-1 has the least penetration and average all around armor compared to the other tier 5 heavies, and the KV-1S has subaverage armor all around!

I have no issues penetrating a KV-1 with my Churchill, nor my own KV-1, nor the T1 HT, nor the M4, not the Panzer 4 either.

I could even pen the KV-1S with most of the aforementioned tanks as well, and tier 6 tanks go through its armor like butter.

Also Russian end tier tanks like the IS-4 and IS-7 are also useless and not used too much in clan wars anymore. Blame the Americans and the Germans.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The KV-1S is pretty loltastic now that it has a 122 non-derp in T6, but the KV-1 is actually pretty fairly balanced. 

Tell em about it. I have two fully upgraded US Tier 6 tanks (M6 and M4E8A2) and 1-on-1 I can never win against a 1S.
I need to hit it 5-6 times to kill it, it needs to hit me twice. Even tough we're the same tier..... :|

Offline crizza

If my memorie doesn't fail me, I once killed a 1S with my Stuart...circled him to death while spitting HE shells.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A medium is not usually intended to successfully solo a heavy of the same tier except by bushwhacking them at short range.

...this sounds like working as intended?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
A medium is not usually intended to successfully solo a heavy of the same tier except by bushwhacking them at short range.

Not to mention Trashman is probably taking the first hit from a KV-1S and letting it pull back and spend over 14 seconds to reload and hit him again.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CKid

Happy American Thanksgiving! Have you had some sheriff pumpkin pie yet?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Not to mention Trashman is probably taking the first hit from a KV-1S and letting it pull back and spend over 14 seconds to reload and hit him again.

Tier VI HEAVY. Not medium.
I can't reallly dance around it.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I saw 3 sheriffs in an encounter match, 2 on the enemy side and one on our side.

I was in my slow as hell SuperPershing, the sheriffs were in JT8.8's

I managed to hug the side of one of them, was just about to put the finishing round into him (after having done more than 750 damage to him) and then a teammate swiped what was going to be my kill.

So.

bloody.

close

Offline Patriot

I havent been lucky enough to even see one, and here you guys are, showing off screenies with em :(

Offline CKid

I havent been lucky enough to even see one, and here you guys are, showing off screenies with em :(

Those are not screenies as me with sheriffs, those are screenies of me as the sheriff.

Offline Patriot

balls to you then, i havent seen a SINGLE sherriff during this whole entire event, i feel so boned :(

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I haven't see a single sherrif, ever...and there have been several such events so far.

Offline CKid

It really depends on which tiers you drive. The majority of sheriffs will often only drive tiers 9s and 10s for whatever reason. If you mainly drive tiers 6 or 7 or below, you are most likely not going to see many sheriffs. We are encouraged to drive all tiers but it is not a requirement.