Author Topic: WoD II video  (Read 11127 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:09:03 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
It's good to see there's progress going in there without me. I guess WoD2 is going to be more serious than the first.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's good to see there's progress going in there without me. I guess WoD2 is going to be more serious than the first.

[09:31] <AndrewofDoom> GAWD why are sequels always grimdark compared to the first?

I recall this mod called Wings of Dawn that was done entirely without AndrewofDoom. And it was excellent! How surprising that the second one can also make progress without vital team member AndrewofDoom.

But it's nice to see you laying the groundwork for pretending not to like it. You'll need to fabricate some reasons early so you can rationalize your feelings of rejection; after all, the fact that the campaign doesn't include your self-insert Mary Sue race is a major strike against it. I also like the subtle attempt to grab some credit, as if it were somehow in doubt that progress wouldn't be made without you, but thank God, it still is! Or wait, wait, am I misinterpreting - did you just want to wave the flag? 'I was involved with this! Some of it is meee!'

We all look forward to months of you harping on IRC about how Wings of Dawn 2 will be 'too grimdark' and lack 'colors' while making the same three jokes about lolis, Hades, and Axem over and over again.

That trailer was fantastic. Looks better than the first in every respect - all the things that made Wings of Dawn great cranked up a notch.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:51:29 am by General Battuta »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Into the void my friends, and with no fear!
el hombre vicio...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Oh crap, at first i thought those cordi ships in the nebula were asteroids XD

is cool.

Spoiler:
we can has some other subspace effect other than the FS2 one? it just glares sorely at me through something like WoD. *goes off to find some anime-ish "warp" scenes*
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
This looks very promising. Will definitely be keeping an eye on it!

Spoiler:
we can has some other subspace effect other than the FS2 one? it just glares sorely at me through something like WoD. *goes off to find some anime-ish "warp" scenes*

Spoiler:
I second this. Perhaps the swirly one used in ASW? (At least I think it was that one.)
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
WoD needs something more far unique than ASW warp if it's going to replace the warp effect.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Awesome trailer, Spoon. This is definitely a keeper.
Good job is an understatement.

About the claims of this being more serious, until Spoon himself confirms this I call the Never Trust a Trailer rule. Only it's not a trailer. It's the intro. My God. Kind of odd that no characters were presented with it.
Besides, as I said once before, we don't really need grimdark realistic FS2 campaigns. Of those we have aplenty, and WoD not being one is but one of the few things that made it so awesome. The intro and the music really set the tone. Comedy is over, time to fight.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:28:13 am by Jellyfish »
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's beautiful. :(

I love the backgrounds especially, but the ships look better than ever. I hope we get to play through some of those massive battles.

Into the void we gooooo

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Lovely work, Spoon. Simply lovely. The Cyrvan ships are very, very well-designed now that I've got another angle on them. The huge Zy ship with wings was simply...really...captivating. Using the OP theme from Broken Blade was pretty fitting.

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
My GF just said :
"That's pretty impressive, the colors, the vessels, the sound, how it's made !"

She's impressed.
AND ME TOO.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: (five thumbs-up rate)
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
lol was the game lagging in that last zoom-out scene? :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

That was damn good work Spoon, and those skyboxes were amazing. Definitely liking the slightly more serious direction this appears to be taking, provided it doesn't go all grimdark (or more appropriately I suppose, all Evangelion) on us.

And (What I'm assuming are) Zy Capships FTW.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:31:22 pm by PsychoLandlord »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
(or more appropriately I suppose, all Evangelion)
Well at least there would be more fanservice then I guess.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Or worse, all Madoka on us.
That would certainly come from left field.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
It's beautiful. :(

I love the backgrounds especially, but the ships look better than ever. I hope we get to play through some of those massive battles.

Into the void we gooooo

I loved it too. The only thing I missed in that intro was art of the characters, but I'll live.

Speaking of which, what is that song? It's absolutely beautiful. I look forward to showing my girlfriend this when she gets back from visiting her father's family.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:40:17 pm by Ravenholme »
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Cookie to anyone who spots the excellent use of a new feature mentioned a little while ago on another project board!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Cookie to anyone who spots the excellent use of a new feature mentioned a little while ago on another project board!

Do I spot some Capship Gliding?
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Do I spot some Capship Gliding?

Well that didn't take long!

Oh ****, didn't notice that before.

This will be good.