Author Topic: Fury AI v9  (Read 7135 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You like to call it that, so there you go. It is very close to the AI in BP: WiH with some added FSO 3.6.13 features. Especially AI controlled ships that have firing points far apart will greatly benefit from this AI. Readme included, so read it before whining. All hail Sushi and SCP.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can they fire DOOM rays from their eyes and engage in irc bot quality taunting yet?

In all seriousness, if this is as big an update as WIH Ai was to retail. Then you're a leg end :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It's not a big update from WiH, only minor tweaks and addition of FSO 3.6.13 features which aren't groundbreaking. All in all it's quite minor update, but an update nonetheless.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
I'm gonna sound like a dolt asking this, but since  what are the main features of this, compared to retail? Like, does it balance it out or make it harder?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It can throw Retail (Or any campaign that doesn't use these variables) missions off-balance, and in some cases it can be harder.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm gonna sound like a dolt asking this, but since  what are the main features of this, compared to retail? Like, does it balance it out or make it harder?

It's probably harder, but aside from that, it allows the AI access to many humanlike behaviors - vertical evasive breaks as well as horizontal, smarter weapon selection, the ability to fire dumbfires rapidly, so on.

I've worked with Fury AI for a long time and wouldn't ever go without it.

It makes it harder overall.
Some missions harder than others, some missions are actually slightly easier than others.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Have you played WiH and compared it with retail AI?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
...engage in irc bot quality taunting yet?
That would be an awesome feature....

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
sadly the download doesn't work anymore, could someone please reupload?

edit: nevermind, found it, in case someone else wants it: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d6mdtf767a979x1
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:52:25 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Is this even possible? I've implemented newest AI into Shadow Genesis, and now we reached one of the engine limitations of effects. Most of the player's primary and secondary weapons aren't shooting. It turned a few missions unplayable...
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
works flawlessly here, save the fact that every wannabe enemy kicks my ass now  :hopping:
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Is this even possible? I've implemented newest AI into Shadow Genesis, and now we reached one of the engine limitations of effects. Most of the player's primary and secondary weapons aren't shooting. It turned a few missions unplayable...

You may have broken table formatting somewhere. That can do some really weird things to engine behavior.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
SG has some weapons with very high rate of fire. I guess he just put too many ships with those in one mission, this is usually what you get for going overboard with that kind of thing. IIRC, Fury's AI makes AI ships fire much faster than retail, even on Normal, which is why it showed up now (I'm supposed to be testing it on Insane, but I just can't get myself to fly these days. Don't worry, I'll get to it eventually).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well... We actually have a few small BoE's in SG. I think it's a fault of flak cannons, they're firing faster on that AI. I will change their rate of fire. I hope it will help.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well... We actually have a few small BoE's in SG. I think it's a fault of flak cannons, they're firing faster on that AI. I will change their rate of fire. I hope it will help.

Standard flak is completely nuts with Fury AI. Swap it to Heavy Flak or something, it'll do less damage and fire slower.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This + removing a few effects solved a problem. They'are still a bit laggy [20-30fps] but we can fire without problems. Thanks for the help.