Author Topic: [RELEASE] LSF Knight  (Read 4610 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
[RELEASE] LSF Knight
So it's finally here, yay!

So, here is the Knight. It's quite the powerful ship, almost ridiculously powerful if it weren't for the fact it was a battleship. I even was unlazy this time and wrote a tech description for it!

First introduced in NC0116, the League Star Forces Knight-class battleships serve as flagships LSF fleets and its various battlegroups, as well as the guardians to the lightly protected Champion-class carriers. Unlike most LSF capital ships, the Knight spreads out its anti-capital armament evenly so as to be able to rapidly respond in the case of an enemy capital flanking attack. Due to the high-value target this ship class carries, the Knight has a compliment of 24 Ray Mk III, Kaze, or Dragonfly-class fighters of its own which it can rapidly deploy in the emergency of a strikecraft attack and the Champions are unavailable to send fighters to protect it.

As of NC0145, there are currently 254 Knight-class ships constructed and in service, each with an average crew size of 600 personnel. The 2nd fleet presently has most of the Knights with 102 ships, with the remaining 152 spread out proportionately amongst the other LSF fleets.

As with all LSF ships, the Knight is fitted with reflective armor, which is effective at absorbing hits from energy-based weapons, but is considerably less durable against solid projectiles.

download: HERE

Includes a template for GIMP users to make their own nameplates. Requires the Space Age font to be installed to use.

Known Issues:

* Theres a small hole on the underside of each of the big cannons. It really isn't noticeable though, especially during combat. I may fix it later, but I just can't be bothered right now to fix it. I just want to see it out the door. =p
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: [RELEASE] LSF Knight
Nice, though it could use a normal map and a cannon firing sound (the one in the package is borked).
Also, small MP turrets on top of it have two halves of their mountings too far apart.

Offline -Norbert-

As with all LSF ships, the Knight is fitted with reflective armor, which is effective at absorbing hits from energy-based weapons, but is considerably less durable against solid projectiles.
Isn't the whole point of reflective armor that it doesn't need to absorb energy attacks completely, because part of them is reflected away from the ship?
I'd make that sentence something like this:
Like all LSF ships, the Knight is fitted with reflective armor, which makes it highly resistant to energy-bades weapons, but leaves it vulnerable to projectiles once the shields are breached.

On the ship itself: Look nice and threatening. Good work.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

Woho, let the Knightmare begin :nod:
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

First person to name their ship in a Code Geass reference gets a visit from Carl. And not in a good way.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

First person to name their ship in a Code Geass reference gets a visit from Carl. And not in a good way.
You know, the picture above is called Knightmare.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Kinda looks like a fat challenger with a lot of turrets on it, It's kinda cool in its own way I suppose. It's just that it lacks the 'majestic' feeling that should be associated to a flagship of that size.
It's a good effort though, andrew. 
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Kinda looks like a fat challenger with a lot of turrets on it, It's kinda cool in its own way I suppose. It's just that it lacks the 'majestic' feeling that should be associated to a flagship of that size.
It's a good effort though, andrew. 
I told him it needed wings :P

...maybe bigger fins in a v-shape configuration too...and lots of stuff. But it's really awesome.