Author Topic: XQ2 Rework  (Read 20169 times)

The glow maps are a-rendering! Sixty five percent done, in only 27 hours. Area lights look good, but they take a while.

edit. Finished, only to realize that I hadn't used my bump map.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:23:03 pm by bobbtmann »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It looks great, just seen in on SVN.
BTW, Sensors01 submodel is glitched, it's hard to describe, but you can see the inner surface of the globe instead of outer.

Offline newman

it's hard to describe, but you can see the inner surface of the globe instead of outer.

Sounds like a simple case of inverted normals on those polygons. Takes about 2 seconds to fix :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Dang, I thought I had managed to find and fix all the objects with inverted normals. Oh well, I'll fix it at some point, let's first see if any other issues crop up.

Sounds like a simple case of inverted normals on those polygons. Takes about 2 seconds to fix :)

Easy for you modellers to say. :blah: Sure, applying the fix to my working file takes 2 seconds, but after that the re-conversion through PCS2 takes a few minutes, then generating a new cache file takes about 5 minutes, and committing cache and model files (~30mb) takes another 5 minutes. Anyway, as I said I'll wait and see if anything else needs fixing or adding so that I don't need to do that several times.

Offline newman

Easy for you modellers to say. :blah: Sure, applying the fix to my working file takes 2 seconds, but after that the re-conversion through PCS2 takes a few minutes, then generating a new cache file takes about 5 minutes, and committing cache and model files (~30mb) takes another 5 minutes. Anyway, as I said I'll wait and see if anything else needs fixing or adding so that I don't need to do that several times.

Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? That's not my department, said Wernher Von Braun :D
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline zookeeper

As Dragon gave away, this is now converted and in-game, although the final texture update is still pending. Here's a few screenshots.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

It's time to recreate the battle from the Intro of TIE Fighter. :)
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline guitarfan01

• Longtime Lurker
Textures remind me of nBSG.  Not a bad thing.

I've uploaded the textures.

Offline zookeeper

Cool. I'll take a look shortly.