Author Topic: Bastion  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
So what did you guys think of this masterpiece?  Haven't finished it yet, but it's quite possibly the best game I've played in a decade filled with crappy remakes, bad sequels and general crap compared to when I was younger.(I'm looking at you MW3 and COD3)
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Mikes

So what did you guys think of this masterpiece?  Haven't finished it yet, but it's quite possibly the best game I've played in a decade filled with crappy remakes, bad sequels and general crap compared to when I was younger.(I'm looking at you MW3 and COD3)

Bastion was awesome!

As far as remakes go... not all of em are crappy at least. Sonic Generations for instances was pure awesomeness peppered with a huge dose of nostalgy :)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I dig my hole, you build a wall...
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I thought about grabbing it during the winter sale, but I'd already depleted my bank account too much.  I'm sure I'll get it whenever the next big sale hits.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Pretty much agree with the sentiment that it's one of the best games of the past 5 years, especially. It helped that I really enjoyed the aesthetics. Indie studios are making some pretty impressive stuff lately; another one of my favorites of the last 5 years was Sins of Solar Empire, and it was not only made by 11 people but continuously and impressively supported with patches and tweaks.

Help us, indie devs, you're our only hope.