Author Topic: Badttuta's Bad Guide to Mid-mission Checkpoints  (Read 10876 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Badttuta's Bad Guide to Mid-mission Checkpoints
The script is so much win. We've already used it to easily setup checkpoints in BtA.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
So...  I have a question.  Do I have to modify EVERY event that occurs prior to the checkpoint to allow it to load and not break mission logic?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
well, sorta. Any event that you don't want to trigger after the checkpoint, just do AND with NOT -> IS EVENT TRUE (checkpoint). But you only have to do this with "trigger" events. What I mean is that you probably have events that only trigger after other events and so on.. making a long series of events occur. If you FRED'd properly, then you  only need to modify the first event in the series.

Similarly for events that should trigger after the checkpoint, you may need to check for that too.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.