Author Topic: Warships of the TEI (GTD Titan WIP)  (Read 117859 times)

Offline Valiran

Re: Warships of the TEI (GTD Titan WIP)
I hesitate to say this, because I still think it's a great model...:nervous:...but it looks more phallic than ever now.  :wtf::p

hey hey i've got a nice idea for you there

it's called shut the **** up and stop deliberately seeing everything as a phallus

:wtf: :nono: Hey, that sort of talk is uncalled for.  Notice how I said that I still thought it was a great model?  I was just voicing an observation. :doubt:

I hesitate to say this, because I still think it's a great model...:nervous:...but it looks more phallic than ever now.  :wtf::p

hey hey i've got a nice idea for you there

it's called shut the **** up and stop deliberately seeing everything as a phallus

I also have an idea. Stop writing things like this. It won't help anyone. if any of you guys want to help Aesaar with this model, have objections on some parts of the design, just point it and post a proposal for corrections.
   It's not about seeing an anatomy in this ship. You Valiran are not the first one who had such thoughts ;P So did I some time ago (but I don't care anymore). Also, when my friend saw the titan for the first time on the screen, she automatically said "- Hey it's look like a "put a proper word here".." and started to laugh.  :D

#Edit. grammar

I have utmost faith in Aesaar's modeling ability.  I also think that voicing my opinion won't hurt.

If anything, it has been greatly depenilized.
:confused: You really think so? :blah:  I'll have to look at the original model when I get home, I always saw it as resembling a giant whale or something.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
TBH I will miss original main beams configuration. It was signature feature of the whole ship, and current triangle setup makes the Titan too much like Bellorophon. One ship with three beams in triangular configuration is enough for entire fleet. At the other hand I like secondary heavy cannons and other changes You have made.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Was that necessary?

No, it wasn't, and it earned British Shivans a one-day ban.

Completely unrelated : any news about 3D printed FS2 ships ?

VA was doing them a few years ago, but he's been much less active lately. They were pretty cool though, I scored an Aeolus and got a Fenris for my brother:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:54:08 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline crizza

TBH I will miss original main beams configuration. It was signature feature of the whole ship, and current triangle setup makes the Titan too much like Bellorophon. One ship with three beams in triangular configuration is enough for entire fleet. At the other hand I like secondary heavy cannons and other changes You have made.
Well, the original Titan has the beams in a triangel configuartion if you're honest. Not that tightly together like on Aesaars, but still...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well, the original Titan has the beams in a triangel configuartion if you're honest. Not that tightly together like on Aesaars, but still...
Indeed, but in totaly different configuration, and not in one surface. Titan is known for it's unique beam configuration. It will never be the same with any other setup.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Yeah, this is the one time I must admit I dislike what happened to the beam setup, it feels like it looses too much of the ship's character here... Still, it's his model.

Let's just say I've got something big in the works :)
Expect word soon.
(Considering it my unique contribution to the community, but I was really hoping no one would say anything  :p

Offline -Norbert-

Apart from the visuals, doesn't this closeness of the beams make it all the more vulnerable against the UEF's torpedo swarm attacks? If one torpedo hits, the shockwave will strike all three main beams and as a result they'd be taken out a lot faster than on the old Titan model.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Im interested.... what other ships you're planning to remake?
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Apart from the visuals, doesn't this closeness of the beams make it all the more vulnerable against the UEF's torpedo swarm attacks? If one torpedo hits, the shockwave will strike all three main beams and as a result they'd be taken out a lot faster than on the old Titan model.

The TEI ships were not designed to combat UEF ships. Also keep in mind this is not a concern at any point in the released missions.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Norbert-

True, they were build to fight Shivans and the only beams that would hit all three emitters are the ones on the Sathanas and Shiva, which would insta-kill a Titan anyway. And in Delenda Est the beams are protected by "plot armour".

Offline Aesaar

Im interested.... what other ships you're planning to remake?
After the Titan and the Hyperion?  I don't know.  I wouldn't mind giving the Diomedes another pass, since it'll be a good three years old by the time I finish these two and a lot annoys me about the model.

Offline CT27

Agreed.  Wouldn't the old model be a slightly better fighter militarily?

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I dunno, last time I faced it it turned me into chunky gumbo much more quickly than the original.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Do shockwaves even damage subsystems in BP?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Diomedes II, Y'all herd it here firs'!

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Do shockwaves even damage subsystems in BP?
Code: [Select]
$shockwaves damage small ship subsystems: NO
They don't damage fighter subsystems, but shockwaves can't be made to not damage large ships' subsystems.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Drogoth

Keep up the great work Aesaar!
The more angular nose definitely gives the Titan a more menacing look. While I was initially skeptical, the new triangle face does much to that effect as well.

I believe someone printed out an Orion at one point. Maybe a Sathanas as well.

VA hooked me up with the Orion. It's sitting on my desk :)
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline James Razor

• New Eden Veteran.
Uhm.. who is VA. And of what prices do we speak. I realy would be interessted in a Orion for myself if i can afford it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
VA is Vasudan Admiral, unfortunately I don't believe he's able to make any more models at this point in time.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...