Author Topic: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2  (Read 40694 times)

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: War in Heaven P1 Voice Acting Call, Take 2
Briefings/debriefings simply play a wav or ogg; there's no reason you couldn't have more than one person talking.

The BtRL guys pulled that off beautifully.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
*girl, I believe, but yeah, it was awesome

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*girl, I believe, but yeah, it was awesome

That, plus the way they had their ingame message setup. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Aesaar

To be honest, I don't think voice acting is necessary for the fiction viewer parts.  They work very, very well as only text and music.

Offline LHN91

So. Been planning to work on some more lines for this, but the times when I've been not working or otherwise out of the house, my voice's been acting up. We'll see how my voice is sounding tomorrow, hopefully I can get some more sent in.

Offline Gunteen6

• Don't let life get you down! Get up! Go!
    • S31-IKS Parent Boards
Personally I'm interested in the Alliance News Reporter lines. I've been told I pull off a great radio voice.
Gunteen6 is now S31-Syntax! If I could change the name, I would!

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I would like to say, it looks like Cobra has been doing a fine job and by taking this project on has allowed me time to work on other projects and not be spread so thin.  Three cheers for Cobra!

To be honest, I don't think voice acting is necessary for the fiction viewer parts.  They work very, very well as only text and music.
I am sort of ambivalent about it.

Goober5000 is worried that it will turn into "BP:WiH Books on Tape" :P.

I think it could actually work very well if it was handled correctly. And after working with BP team, I know they will make it work very well or not at all (assuming that FSO gets the ability to play VA in the Fiction Viewer).
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline -Norbert-

If my memory serves me right, the fiction viewer reads like Laport is either writing a diary or dictating a personal log to the computer.
Either way, if it get's voice acted, I'd like it more if all the fiction viewer lines are told by Laporte, not a mix of voices.

But unless the SCP team makes the necessary changes, this is academic anyway.

Akula is ‘ACK-uh-luh’,

Wait, what? Isn't "Akula" pronounced 'uh-KUE-luh'? For starters, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon pronounces it that way, regardless of character, accent, nationality, etc., and implies it to be the normal pronunciation for the word (which means 'shark'), so...?
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Nope, Ace Combat got it wrong. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/File:Uk-%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B0.ogg

This is where things get funny...

Apparently (I might be misunderstanding this whole thing), "akula" is also a Russian word. The link you provided is for the Ukranian word (unless it's also Russian? Again, I might just have it all confused, here).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/File:Ru-%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B0.ogg

That's for the (or "a") Russian version.

In both cases, it didn't seem like the 'ACK-uh-luh" pronunciation was correct. The one you provided sounded (to me) like "AH-kue-luh" (the Spanish-version "a"), and the one I found sounds closer to the "uh-KUE-luh" pronunciation (it sounds something like 'ah-KUE-uh').

I feel like I'm missing some pieces of the puzzle.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

I've always pronounced it like they do in "Hunt for Red October". :)
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Okay, so, I submitted auditions for Kassim and Ranvir Control ages ago - I never heard anything back. Were those files passed on to you, Cobra, or should I resubmit them? I see Kassim has been cast, so, it'd just be the lines for Ranvir.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Okay, so, I submitted auditions for Kassim and Ranvir Control ages ago - I never heard anything back. Were those files passed on to you, Cobra, or should I resubmit them? I see Kassim has been cast, so, it'd just be the lines for Ranvir.
They will have been transferred to Cobra if you received a "receipt" message from me.  PM Cobra your email address and he can check the archive.  I checked my copy, your handle on HLP does not come up in the search so I assume you used a different name in the submission.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yeah, I don't have anything, either. And I'm considering finding someone else, the guy I got for Kassim hasn't even started yet.

Offline LHN91

So random side note, I never did receive a receipt response on my submission, one line'd though it may have been. I still plan to get more sent in, but life has been hectic lately.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Well, some of my lines are shipped and away. Now all I can do is wait.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So random side note, I never did receive a receipt response on my submission, one line'd though it may have been. I still plan to get more sent in, but life has been hectic lately.

Might have missed them, when I'm posted I can't usually check my emails and I tend to get a lot of spam mixed in. I manage to catch all the non junk though.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Okay so I kind of maybe sorta likely dropped the ball on sending back message receipts. Send y'all's emails again and we'll see if I didn't miss any of you in the process.

I don't know if you guys don't have enough people who wants to be voiced in the game and signs up, or if most people are not good enough.

But they are many voice morphing programs out there that does excellent jobs to morph voices to sound like a different person. Giving you maybe 10+ casts for 1 person.
Cobra, you should use this if you don't have enough people to give you voices. If you have 1-10 very good voice actors, you could give them roles to voice more casts, and morph their voices to a different voice that sounds suitable.

Of course, accents can't be changed. But if a voice actor can do different accents, you're golden. :)