Author Topic: Exceptional floating points  (Read 1619 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Exceptional floating points
From #altdevblogaday, via gamasutra: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/169203/Exceptional_floating_point.php

The how and why of floating point exceptions, how to trigger and read them.

Very interesting read.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Exceptional floating points
just my kind of article. and its part of a series. this is gonna take me awhile.

did not know you could time with doubles if you start at 2^32, and maintain one microsecond precision for a century and a third. will definately help me improve timing in my lua game engine.

man those articles were long and painful. im gonna take a handful of asprin and go to bed. of course i know a lot of **** about floating point now that i didnt know before, and i guess that was worth the pain of reading it (and practically oding on asprin).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:49:57 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Exceptional floating points
Bookmarked.

Thanks, E  :yes:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.