Author Topic: Lets Play MWLL - Die freebirth scum!  (Read 6664 times)

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Re: Lets Play: MWLL Die freebirth scum!
I like Supernova Shivan, but that's just me.

I'll just be watching this war from the sidelines. I've got enough on my plate right now, though I've always wanted to try out LL.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

If I had Crysis Wars, I would definitely play with you guys.  I know, I could grab the Maximum Edition for like $20, but I have limited funds ATM.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline LHN91

MW4 multiplayer is nowhere near as fun as MWLL, you are missing out.

I imagine. I'm just basically broke atm, due to car repairs and other expenses lately. Maybe next month I'll have some to spare, but not right now.

Do you just need the software, or a whole new rig? I could buy it for you on Steam.

Just the software, as my computer was a new build a couple years ago when I started Uni and is still holding up pretty well; but I wouldn't feel right having someone buy me a copy when I'm obviously not the only person here with money issues. Still be fun to watch the playthrough, and maybe I can get in on round 2 sometime.

I am downloading the thing as we type. I will attempt to join any matches available or whatever, but I can't promise any kind of schedule or competence on my part. Any that I do join will be recorded, if I remember to start the thing...

Re: Lets Play: MWLL - Die freebirth scum!
I think someone suggested "Hard Lighters" as a name for a mercenary unit if we were to ever get a group together for MWO. So how about "Clan Hard Lighters"?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I am down with that. My profile name is The_E.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:39:06 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i guess that works. id append that to my profile name but im not sure if thats easy to change.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
I already registered the name 'bigchunk1' on MWO. We're guna make a kickass lance.

I'm pretty excited about it after seeing recent videos.

Edit: MWLL looks great but I don't have crysis. I like the idea of tank vs mech, even if it's one sided.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:34:02 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
yea it was a pain in the ass process but im now =CHL=Nuke. need to test my controls though, theyre kind of iffy. i actually have all the default buttons mapped in my ch profile, but axis setup is more complicated than it needs to be, and i had to merge my sticks into a virtual stick. but it seems that you just need to copy a few files from one profile to another.  i havent tested it yet. i tried playing this morning but i joined a solaris arena server, left the mech bay in an uller, proceded to destroy the first mech i saw, and got kicked for it, aparently one of those servers where winning or having fun is against the rules :D.

op updated.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:14:32 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I think someone suggested "Hard Lighters" as a name for a mercenary unit if we were to ever get a group together for MWO. So how about "Clan Hard Lighters"?

I'm really glad that my Hard Lighters suggestion is getting a lot of mileage here and there :D

And I might get in on this when my exams are done in two weeks.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Hmmm.  Crysis Warhead or the Maximum Edition for $10 more.  Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Bought the Maximum Edition on Steam.  Crysis Wars downloading now.

EDIT2: So, are we actually going to try and play together sometime?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:01:03 pm by SpardaSon21 »
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i found my copy (came with warhead) in a bargain bin like 2 or 3 years ago. i played warhead and never touched crisis wars. it was really cheap and i couldn't pass it up, i think it was $19.99 or something like that, that looks about the same as steam, but you might find better if you rummage around the bargain bins at your local electronics store.

anyway we've got 7 people so far. thats enough for a star (or lance for you innersphere freebirth dogs). we just need to set a time/server. we would need a lot more players to make our own server work out. typical games have 20+ players. im also not in a good geographic location, and dont really have a fast connection (though i do have my old c2q rig which would make a good dedicated server). im also not sure if you can host and play on the same license (especially on 2 different computers simultaneously), il have to look at it. were probibly better off using one of the existing servers.

as for the time, i can play whenever (im on the servers a lot lately).

*edit* i played around with dedicated server and it seems i can run it on this machine just fine. will try the other machine later.

*edit2* let me remind you of how annoying good web installers are at wasting bandwidth. dispite having 4 of the 6 required update files, it still had to download 3 of them to update. fortunately the big 1.4gb one worked, because that would have pissed me off and wasted 7% of my transfer cap. anyway will see if the dedicated server works without invalidating my license.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:10:41 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

I propose that none of the people posting in this thread use vulgar freebirth contractions.

With that out of the way, let us assemble ten trueborn so we can utilize a full binary of BattleMechs.

That did not work.  Crysis Wars kept giving me bull**** about an invalid CD-key.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
crysis wars has this annoying thing where it will not tell you that your cd key is wrong. i mistyped it by one letter. and usually that would raise some kind of error message. but it didnt. aparently the fix was to go into crysis wars (w/o mod) and try to join a server, where you are prompted to type in the cd key. thats how i fixed mine. i think i read something about an issue with steam versions and that theres a workaround for it.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,17485.0.html

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Ah, thank you Nuke.  That fixed it!

Aye, I had some serious problems trying to connect to a MWLL game. Tried a number of things, including setting the key by joining a punkbuster Crysis Wars server, editing that file to include the CD key, but finally what fixed it was setting the game back to 32 bit mode. Weird.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Today in the Solaris Arena we lost the following units in glorious battle:

3 Demolishers to enemy fire
2 Demolishers to overturn
4 Demolishers to got stuck in trees

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
One of the really cool things about this game is that the large territory control game types allow actual Battletech tactics to work in a way that previous Mechwarrior games haven't really permitted. The large maps make mobility and positioning important; the information warfare game is actually fleshed out, and scouts are important; missile boats can set up on ridgelines in order to volley on targets or work with TAG beacons; and the threat of VTOLs and aerospace means that light autocannon anti-aircraft platforms like the Mauler are suddenly really important.

I played a bit of territory control today and placed in the top 3 on my team just shooting LRM-10s from a ridgeline in my Owens.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i wasnt able to get in on the action, i played this morning and a little just now, i thought i saw spardason in a score list though so i guess i just caught the end of it. but not any good games at all today. just a whole lot of base camping and seriously uneven teams.

Nuke's Scripting SVN