Author Topic: Petition to Include Thread(s) in Classics Section  (Read 11988 times)

Re: Petition to Include Thread(s) in Classics Section
If we're discussing classics-worthy threads, I'd consider nominating the one that I felt struck hardest and strongest: the Rape is not a good topic thread. You'll remember that one, and I think that it very accurately represents many of the current members here, and the atmosphere of HLP as a whole.

Just a shame that it's really not a good topic, and for the reasons mentioned within, would not be good to dredge up. Paradoxical, it is.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Well, the title does put it in the proper context ("...and why it's not a good topic")

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=28995.msg589948#msg589948  the thread speaks for itself, and is old enough by far
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Bumping to re-nominate all threads already mentioned, and mentioning the Test your morality: The Babyeaters and the Superhappies thread.

Seriously, these are good threads.  Without adding to it, the Classics section is entirely useless.

I'm with Scotty on this.  There's nothing classic about the Classics right now.  When was the last time anyone actually mentioned something from one of the threads in there?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh come on.  You can nominate threads without taking potshots at the threads that are already there; and Scotty, you're a moderator, so your recommendations carry additional weight.  Besides, complaining is a poor negotiation strategy.

And it is again necessary to understand the distinction between "good threads"/"thoughtful threads" and "classic threads".  I am not really inclined to approve a thread where people debated on an issue or got into an argument, no matter how long it lasted or how many points were made.  (The one exception is the "Derek Smart wants to develop FS3" for obvious reasons.)

I've re-read this thread and I don't see sufficient reason to include most of the threads requested, for the reasons karajorma and I previously stated.  (This included reading through parts of the threads from the first post, which I didn't do last time.)  However, I agree that the "Epic Bughunt Claims Sanity, Human Blood" thread qualifies, so I've moved it to the Classics.

(I briefly considered moving this very thread to the classics, but then decided it had too much of a hostile tone.  Plus, it was recently bumped. :p)