Author Topic: RELEASE: Full Neb Pack  (Read 2658 times)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
RELEASE: Full Neb Pack
This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

http://casofwar.hard-light.net/images/FullNebPack1.rar

This is release 1, and let me clear a few things up about it.  You will need release 3.6.14 to use these properly.  As the title says, these are for full nebula use, I reccomend using nblack with it, as it looks best.  The poofs were going to be interesting until I figured out that a multi colored poof would work for all the backgrounds, as the color of the background itself would subdue or in some cases negate parts of the poof.  What this means is that you can use the same poofs with any of the backgrounds, and they will look different with those backgrounds.  Anyway, included are 6 poofs, labelled Poof100-01, Poof100-02, Poof75-01, Poof75-02, Poof50-01, and Poof50-02.  50, 75, and 100 are the opacity levels of the poofs, two styles in each opacity level.  Why the hell are they 256 color pcx?  In the Source Code Project subforum Zacam stated that poofs currently did not accept DDS files.  So I went and made them as pcx.  The color level difference was negligible in game so i went with the 256.

As always a neb marked with D, as in Skybox-FN-DRed, means Dark.  The following images are screens of each skybox.

Pink and purple background neb

Purple background neb

Dark Purple background neb

Blue background neb

Dark Blue background neb

Green background neb

Dark Green background neb

Red background neb

Dark Red background neb
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: RELEASE: Full Neb Pack
Okay, somebody mod one into blue and let's get to work on that Aquanox or Sub Culture mod!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

so how do you plan to handle
1) cliffs, caves, and sea floor
2) bubbles
3) fish
4) aquanox vs. jules verne art style
5) the fact the debris likes to sink (unless the subs are made from magical neutrally buoyant alloys)
6) the fact that its really dark under water
7) what happens if you reach the surface?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:58:36 pm by mormon_boy »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
They could be used in FSU Freespace 2 campaign, in nebula missions. Now I realised how empty are nebula backgrounds without any skybox. Awesome work [especialy the red and green ones]!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

so how do you plan to handle
1) cliffs, caves, and sea floor
2) bubbles
3) fish
4) aquanox vs. jules verne art style
5) the fact the debris likes to sink (unless the subs are made from magical neutrally buoyant alloys)
6) the fact that its really dark under water
7) what happens if you reach the surface?

scripting