Author Topic: WIH Chronology  (Read 10288 times)

Offline CT27

I was rewatching part of QuantumDelta's WIH playthrough, and I saw a date at the beginning of the first command briefing.  However, the beginning of Delenda Est (and the mission before it) didn't have a date as far as I could see.  Out of curiosity, how much time did WIH cover?

Also (just speculation here), how much time do you think WIH2 will cover?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
War in Heaven, as far as I know, covered between three and six weeks.

That said, the pace of the war has accelerated massively in those few weeks, and I expect Part 2 will cover between two and four weeks.

Offline CT27

So GTVA supporters like me should hope the war's over soon? ;)

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Given the 'final weeks of the war' thing, id say so.  Which I have to say pleases me greatly.  Unless of course the GTVA is somehow suddenly roflstomped in a matter of weeks by the shivans or something.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Unless of course the GTVA is somehow suddenly roflstomped in a matter of weeks by the shivans or something.

YAY, I want 2 c that!
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
The forum seems pretty confident that the GTVA will win; but from past observations, the BP team has a tendency to screw with the audience.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
True, dat.  Its possible some outside force will at least force a ceasefire.

That or the UEF will pull a Black Sun and blast the GTVA to hell over the course of thirty seconds or so.  (see supreme commander)

Look!  Its the serkret secret project!

Offline CT27

One theory that I've heard on what might happen is a GTVA military and short-term political victory, but eventually Ubuntu ideology begins to spread.

Offline Aesaar

The forum seems pretty confident that the GTVA will win; but from past observations, the BP team has a tendency to screw with the audience.
The only confidence I have in a GTVA victory is that it's inevitable if things continue as they are.  I don't expect that to happen.

Maybe they'll win, but I'm pretty sure something will seriously screw with the balance, like Shivans/Vishnans/Byrne's project.  And I have a feeling those 3 are related.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:31:06 am by Aesaar »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
sure something will seriously screw with the balance, like Shivans/Vishnans/Byrne's project.  And I have a feeling those 3 are related.

I think that is where the sane money is for those backing a direct UEF victory/achieving a stale mate

Here is a mental idea, what if the front end of the Lucy is where the/one of the sheath shield generator(s) was?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Aesaar

Here is a mental idea, what if the front end of the Lucy is where the/one of the sheath shield generator(s) was?

It would nullify GTVA bombers.  Possibly torpedoes and pulse cannons.  But from what we saw of the Lucifer in AoA, its shields don't help much against TEI beam cannons.

I don't think the project is something so mundane as capship shields.  What would Nagari sensitivity have to do with that?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

It would nullify GTVA bombers.  Possibly torpedoes and pulse cannons.  But from what we saw of the Lucifer in AoA, its shields don't help much against TEI beam cannons.

I don't think the project is something so mundane as capship shields.  What would Nagari sensitivity have to do with that?

as I said it was not a serious suggestion, though the shield system might be controllable by Nagari sensitive beings or require them in its mechanism some how if you really want to combine the two concepts.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Given the Duke's defection, the destruction of Samuel's ship that held the transmission, the contents of the cargo container in "For the Wrong Reasons" and the suggestions on the commentary that the Duke's transmission won't come into play for a while...

Spoiler:
I think Bryne's project is a retrofit for a task force to run the blockade on the DelSer. node, which could explain why the elders themselves ordered Netreba and Calder to surrender the supply ship, and get to N362 and activate the Ancient gateway and get the Vishs to help.)

Alas, it would probably take too long given how bad things seem to be going for the UEF.

Offline -Norbert-

I don't think they'd gamble the future of the UEF on so many chances.
Even if they manage to break through the GTVA blockade, which in itself is very unlikely, they don't know if the Vishnans are even willing to help, especially with the long silence.
And if they are willing to help, they still might not be able to help, because of the balance between them and the Shivans.
And even if they are willing and able, they still might arrive too late to be of any real help.

No I am very sure that is not what the project is about.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I just want to see the GTVA and UEF get exterminated/near-exterminated by the Shivans. I would also like to see the Shivans wipe out the Vishnans, too, but that would be asking too much.

I just want to see the GTVA and UEF get exterminated/near-exterminated by the Shivans. I would also like to see the Shivans wipe out the Vishnans, too, but that would be asking too much.

Well as a British Shivan you would want that wouldn't you.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
AH yeah, cant forget the Shivan supporters.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Well, I like the GTVA, but the confused nature of why they declared war  and all these "justifications" make no sense to me. I'm hoping BP3 explains this and finally gives an answer that makes sense, rather than "durr unbuntu can make people agree dispite hating eachother without mindcontrol!!!111"

You know, I'm hoping this is the reason why. The Elders use Nagari technology to force people who hate/disagree/want to murder the other into agreeing with their viewpoints when there is conflict, but continuous abuse of the device/devices is making them corrupt, and that the GTVA Security Council has come not to destroy Ubuntu or whatever that noise is called, but they see the Elders as ineligible leaders, and have given the fleets in Sol their permission to remove the UEF's leaders from power by whatever means are the most effective.

If it makes you feel better, I only want the Elders and the GTVA military wiped out by the Shivans :P

Well I was under the impression that it was more about how since Ubuntu is better at getting along with people, they are much less effective when facing an enemy who isn't willing to sit down at the negotiation table. Unfortunately this is pretty much the exact description of Shivan encounters that the GTVA is so terrified of, and the GTVA believes the comparatively pacifistic nature would cripple our ability to defend ourselves against Shivans who already kick our ass. The way the war is going does lend credibility to that assumption.

Though I still love the UEF more than GTVA in BP.  :P

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Well, I like the GTVA, but the confused nature of why they declared war  and all these "justifications" make no sense to me. I'm hoping BP3 explains this and finally gives an answer that makes sense, rather than "durr unbuntu can make people agree dispite hating eachother without mindcontrol!!!111"

The reason the GTVA declared war is plainly and unequivocally stated in several places.  If you don't know why by now, it's not the campaign's fault.