Author Topic: A Mission  (Read 3690 times)

So, I made a little what-if mission, supposing the Colonials were able to override the hack in the midst of the attack and hold the line. And then your battlestar is sent from the fighting to attack a pair of basestars that have withdrawn for repairs/rearmament/because they were sad.

A note: the tube launch is automagical-like rather than on key-press because I couldn't figure it out the sexy way.

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uplro4

revision 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/73l8gq

Questions, comments, catastrophic world-devouring bugs?

*edit* if you open it in FRED, don't move the battlestar, 'cause I absolutely did place the fighters manually rather than jettison-cargo.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:39:02 pm by Suongadon »
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Cerebus

I'll play it if you upload it as an attachment here, it's the simplest way, and now I have to unpackage something

ok, I caved, but really, it's so easy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:34:39 am by Cerebus »

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
a pair of basestars that have withdrawn for repairs/rearmament/because they were sad.

I lol'd.

Offline Cerebus

it was great, but I haven't finished it yet

half way in, my targeting has gone nuts both times, dunno

nice tube launce, wish there was a way to reload, I ran out of rounds before action. 

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Just cause we're not doing reloads in the official missions doesn't mean you 3rd party modders can't.

It's not like they're that hard even. If you've figured out how to do a combat landing you're halfway there. Simply use the get and set ammo SEXPs to add ammo to the player while they're in the pods and you're golden.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I'll play it if you upload it as an attachment here, it's the simplest way, and now I have to unpackage something

ok, I caved, but really, it's so easy

I thought attachments were removed every day or so around here?

it was great, but I haven't finished it yet

half way in, my targeting has gone nuts both times, dunno

nice tube launce, wish there was a way to reload, I ran out of rounds before action. 

I gave one of the hostile wings from Base2 EMP missiles, hopefully that is what was causing it.

And thank you.

I lol'd.

Mission accomplished :D

As for ammo problems, I have an idea on that other than an in-flight reload, pending some table modifications. (Dummy weapon checked to raise the ammo count of the main banks. Hopefully it isn't much more complicated than that)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I thought attachments were removed every day or so around here?
They are deleted regularily-ish, automatically and without notice. Most definitely not on a day-to-day basis, but I wouldn't expect it to last more than a few weeks. Especially if everyone starts using em.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
As for ammo problems, I have an idea on that other than an in-flight reload, pending some table modifications. (Dummy weapon checked to raise the ammo count of the main banks. Hopefully it isn't much more complicated than that)

mother****ER ammo packs were going to be this big cool deal in bp2r2

e: Here are some cool tips for implementing ammo packs and other equipment:

You can exclude them from primary fire linking using a table flag, if they're a primary weapon

You can make AI use them but it requires some pretty roundabout FREDding

Offline Apoc

Loved the mission!

Some feedback that could be solved I think :
-Can you make the viper go on full speed when leaving the tubes? Now its on zero
-Every time I start the mission one of Azure's wingmen crash instantly.
-My targeting system went nuts some time. It kept like switching to the priority targets. Was this due to the EMP Missles or was there something else going on?

One of the best custom missions so far, my compliments!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Loved the mission!

Some feedback that could be solved I think :
-Can you make the viper go on full speed when leaving the tubes? Now its on zero
-Every time I start the mission one of Azure's wingmen crash instantly.
-My targeting system went nuts some time. It kept like switching to the priority targets. Was this due to the EMP Missles or was there something else going on?

One of the best custom missions so far, my compliments!

Thank you :D

-Should be able to.
-that's a scripted self-destruct
-should be the EMP missiles? Unless nukes cause an EMP effect (would be really cool if they did...) Probably will remove them when I update it.

mother****ER ammo packs were going to be this big cool deal in bp2r2

e: Here are some cool tips for implementing ammo packs and other equipment:

You can exclude them from primary fire linking using a table flag, if they're a primary weapon

You can make AI use them but it requires some pretty roundabout FREDding

$quibbles

Ah boo. Had a suspicion I'd seen the idea somewhere. I could always not do it // be distracted by kitty pictures or new WiH promo shots.  :nod:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS

Okies. I took a look at the mission again on a different PC and saw the weird target jumping that had nothing at all to do with EMP or anything and *I think* it was caused by something going on with the raptors when they left the bay. Switched it over to a warp in and I wasn't able to get the same jumping brackets to happen. Updated file is in the first post.

@JCQ: thank you.