Author Topic: Halo IV  (Read 9523 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So it's almost out.  Granted it's from something corporate but the IGN review sounded promising.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Doesn't IGN have sort of a reputation of being... easily, monetarily convinced by publishers ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I don't like the musical score, and I hear the ending is total crap. I may wait a few days for more reviews to roll in.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I don't know about the game (I tried to play Halo 1 and 2 on PC. I did not enjoy the experience; and not having an XBawks sorta prohibited me from trying the other games in the series), but what I am a big fan of is the Soundtracks. Except for the Halo Wars one, they're all immensely listenable.

Neil Davidge's work here, while devoid of the iconic themes Marty McDonnell developed for the earlier games, is still really damn good. A track like "Arrival" delivers all the awesome you expect from a Halo OST, and if that's going to be the prototype for a new Halo theme, I would be happy indeed.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I won't try to derail too much into the music, but I have to say that the new OST seems to be devoid of "wonder", if that makes sense. I think I've said it here before but it sounds like something I would expect from a Hollywood summer action flick. Who knows it may grow on me a little, like the Reach OST did.
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Reach was terrible, but I'm pretty excited to see where 343i goes with IV. I think their new visual aesthetic is interesting, and they're ditching the notion of the Chief as a faceless everyman in favor of some real development.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Reach was terrible, but I'm pretty excited to see where 343i goes with IV. I think their new visual aesthetic is interesting, and they're ditching the notion of the Chief as a faceless everyman in favor of some real development.
I'm kind of torn. I like the idea of making Spartans more human, but I hope they still leave a lot of mystery in the Halo universe itself. They've pretty much removed most of the mystery surrounding the Forerunners now. I hope they don't simply use the Precursors as a tit for tat replacement.

And I've actually enjoyed the style of the two books written by Tarviss. They actually feel believable in the post-war human behavior they present.

Edit: I generally trust ars, and they said good things

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/halo-4-review-jumping-head-first-without-a-bungie-and-loving-it/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:56:40 am by Swantz »

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline crizza

I'm still not sure if I should preorder it for just the suit of armor and so on, but being a big Halo Fanboy, this game is a must have.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Isn't the soundtrack being made by former Retro Studios members?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No. It's composed by Neil Davidge, whose only previous gaming-related work (as far as his website lists it) was the original Assassin's Creed.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
all the fuss is kinda making me want to pull out the old halo PC and see if there's anyone left online to abuse.  it's the only multiplayer game i've ever been good at to the point of domination.  i might have gotten pretty close to that in combat arms if it wasn't for the rampant cheating and pay-to-win...ing.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
anybody watch foreward unto dawn?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Last time I tried to play Halo online, there apparently was an issue with one of the updates that killed multi.  :(

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Iunno about the game itself but that short promotional live-action series on youtube is pretty well made.

I think it was called something like that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
After watching what seems to be the last episode of Forward Unto Dawn, I feel like the Halo universe would fit really well with a mini-series.

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Iunno about the game itself but that short promotional live-action series on youtube is pretty well made.

I think it was called something like that.

Prob cause that IS what it is called.

I agree with you. the universe could do a miniseries very well. I liked it.
Spoiler:
the end was cool with the helmets coming off. also girl dying was really predictable. chief killing hunter with grenade was awesome.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:26:07 pm by Beskargam »

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
OH GOD YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THE CONCEPT ART

THE VILLAIN DUDEGUY TOTALLY LOOKS A REAL JIMMY RUSTLER

SERIOUSLY, ALL HE LACKS IS THE GORILLA'S FUR

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
After watching what seems to be the last episode of Forward Unto Dawn, I feel like the Halo universe would fit really well with a mini-series.

You just watched it.

Have a nice day.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

You just watched it.

Have a nice day.

I think the implication is to further that end by creating some HBO quality Halo story
"No"

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

You just watched it.

Have a nice day.

I think the implication is to further that end by creating some HBO quality Halo story

This. I think it would be great.

Formerly known as Swantz