Author Topic: Bloody Corderas  (Read 14799 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Of course they are much much easier to kill when I use the custom ships I made.

If you want to kill Aestivals but don't think you can use my strategies I can send you a ship that can do it easily.
Do you seriously believe that constitutes as any form of proof or argument? If you do you must be highly delusional and should check yourself in to a mental institute. of ****ing course you can just plug some numbers and make something that can take out something else. What the hell are you thinking, man?

I don't know why you even ****ing brought that up.
Nobody cares about your piece of **** tablehack godmod ships. They have no place in this discussion. Get out.

The CSA are pretty much the marysue race anyway (which is typical of elves in general), so their stuff being overpowered is to be expected, and not actually an issue.
Elves are apparently just plain better than everyone else at everything and have artificial weaknesses. It's totally normal.

In fact it actually makes things a bit more interesting when there are actually enemies that threaten them and can actually give them a thrashing (if it happens).
Kind of like the Colossus Factor, watching the massive ship **** all over the entire NTF singlehandedly, then steamrolled by a Sath #17.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:54:49 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
In FreeSpace, you play the role as a pilot. Not an officer. You don't make the decisions on which mission to take, you do as your told or try to retire to the private sector. :v: might've been able to do like what was done in Rainbow Six, where you were able to change the mission plan right before entering it, or accept the default mission plan and get cracking.
Actually, you do play as an officer, since all pilots in FS universe (it's based on the way it works in US Navy) are officers. Because of the way FS branching works, Tachyon-style two branch construction is the most feasible one. The branches could've been more interconnected than in Tachyon, but it'd be difficult to FRED. There's plenty of situations where this could be useful, especially if the campaigns is tackling morally ambiguous issues. WC4 could be a good example if it actually let you stick with Confed for the entire campaign, or at least for somewhat longer.

Sorry, let me clarify. By "officer" I mean "the guy that makes the mission planning" and not "the guy that flies the spacecraft with extreme pew pew." In FS and FS2, you where always handed a mission with a plan laid out for you. You could formulate a battle strategy with your wing(s) before hand, but you still couldn't give your wing(s) said plan while in briefing. You always had to stick with the plan and default orders Command gave you, or be navigating through the comms menu like mad once you entered the mission.

Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
They're not invincible ships, if I fight too many enemies at once in one I always get killed. But if I want to fight Aestivals in equal numbers I have ships that provide a decent match. It makes fighting them more fun as you don't need to rely on sketchy tactics and luck (in these ships even on Insane you can beat Aestivals in equal numbers with a little practice once you get used to fighting them, but it is still very challenging).

The special stronger ships are when you either tire of dying so often and want to have some fun, or when you want to take on crazy odds by yourself (think the Prometheus Frame missions - sure what you're flying is overpowered, but if you're not careful you can get swamped. Fun but still challenging).

I have fought against Aestivals in pretty much every ship. Each ship requires different strategies. Some of the custom ships I make necessitate figuring out new strategies. I also made a custom Aestival with stronger hull, better weapons, shields, and 10 gunpoints. Then I worked on strategies to beat it.

Point is, I just like to experiment.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Just remember that the FreeSpace AI hardly represents what any fighter is capable of. It need not even be QuantumDelta piloting it, even I with my more average joe player skills could probably steamroll you in an Aestival.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Depends what I am flying.

Offline Droid803

Oh yes if you fly your modding HACKFIGHTER of course you can win. Stupid point to bring up.

Pick any canon WoD craft (except the prometheus frame I guess, I donno about that one)
I'll fly an Aestival.

1v1 WoD multi.
Right here.
Right now.
It's on.

EDIT: **** I have to finish this programming project and my honours thesis.
IT'S NOT ON.
Andrew, you do it.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
I can almost break even against an Aestival in a Ravager. Since human pilot > AI I doubt I could beat you with it. But if we play 10 matches I bet I could take 1 or 2.

Then again I haven't yet tried the Zy Spectre, with sensor stealth I might beat you.

I have a ship I made that can match up evenly, with this ship I could take 5/10 at least against most people except for the really good pilots. (This is not a "hackfighter", was made to be balanced against Aestivals and other such craft. I can beat the AI with it with some difficulty, and occasionally manage a 2 or even 3 on 1 victory. Against a talented human pilot I think I could at least break even).

Of course I haven't actually played multiplayer since the retail days. Not even sure how do it currently.

Offline Droid803

But you realize that your so-called balanced fighter might as well be a "hackfighter" in terms of this discussion, don't you? Sure, I bet its possible to balance something with the Aestival, but what's the point?
The world doesn't revolve around you and your little modding antics, and you can't use that as justification for anything about an in-universe discussion.

Your custom fighter isn't going in WoD, so in terms of an in-universe discussion the Aestival is still ridiculously powerful compared to just about everything else. Just like how you can't use BP's UEF Kentauroi and go like "well hurr SF Dragons aren't that annoying, I can run rings around them with reverse AB". Sure, the kent can do all of the above, and in BP-verse it can probably thrash SF Dragons, but the SF Dragon is still an annoying thing to fight in any retail FS2 fighter (unless you nail it with harpoons).

Now, if you release your mod and the same discussion comes up in your mod's discussion thread, the craft comparison is now fair. But your mod has zero relevance here no matter how much you seem to think it does.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
But you realize that your so-called balanced fighter might as well be a "hackfighter" in terms of this discussion, don't you? Sure, I bet its possible to balance something with the Aestival, but what's the point?

To fight Aestivals with less frustration? It's fun.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your little modding antics, and you can't use that as justification for anything about an in-universe discussion.

I wasn't trying to. My first post on this topic said that Aestivals were the most annoying to fight, so I have done some things to make them more fun to fight.

Your custom fighter isn't going in WoD, so in terms of an in-universe discussion the Aestival is still ridiculously powerful compared to just about everything else. Just like how you can't use BP's UEF Kentauroi and go like "well hurr SF Dragons aren't that annoying, I can run rings around them with reverse AB". Sure, the kent can do all of the above, and in BP-verse it can probably thrash SF Dragons, but the SF Dragon is still an annoying thing to fight in any retail FS2 fighter (unless you nail it with harpoons).

I didn't say Aestivals were easy to beat, I said they were hard to beat so I made some things to fight them easier. But my real point is that (at least against the AI, which was the original topic of the thread), if you have even a remotely comparable ship there is usually a strategy to make defeating something easier. I even have strategies to defeat my so-called "hackfighters".

Now, if you release your mod and the same discussion comes up in your mod's discussion thread, the craft comparison is now fair. But your mod has zero relevance here no matter how much you seem to think it does.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

This is a discussion in the Wings of Dawn forum about how powerful a certain ship is in in Wings of Dawn.  As Droid803 has said, repeatedly, whatever fighters you make for your mod have no impact or relevance on how powerful the Aestival is compared to the other ships in Wings of Dawn.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
My point was that up to a certain level of difference in performance, a stronger ship can be beaten with a strategy. I have yet to find (or create) any ship that I cannot find a strategy to defeat, when flying a slightly inferior ship.

Offline qwadtep

If you don't mind me being a bit blunt, I think the point is that nobody cares, Legate.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Well the original point of this thread was someone having trouble with certain ships, and then we were talking about which ships are annoying to fight and how to beat them. Against the AI it is all a matter of having the proper strategy. People seemed to not really fight Aestivals much so I was just explaining that there are strategies to beat them (but still very difficult to pull off, which is why sometimes I use custom ships to make it easier). There are even strategies to beat the Prometheus Frame using something like a wing of Kazes or a few Ravagers.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can beat Cordi by pressing one button. two I guess

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Oh yes if you fly your modding HACKFIGHTER of course you can win. Stupid point to bring up.

Pick any canon WoD craft (except the prometheus frame I guess, I donno about that one)
I'll fly an Aestival.

1v1 WoD multi.
Right here.
Right now.
It's on.

EDIT: **** I have to finish this programming project and my honours thesis.
IT'S NOT ON.
Andrew, you do it.
  :lol: :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You could most likely take on an Aestival with a standard Ray III. You'd have to be very good, and not conserve missiles (Wildfires might help if there are no other targets), but it should be doable. Also, I'd imagine that against an AI Aestival, all Zy craft would have a good chance, since AI would be bogged down by trying to evade the missiles (AFAIK, it's not smart enough to shot them down on purpose), and either get hit or fly straight into your guns. Even with the most advanced improvements, FS AI isn't very bright.

I once modded an interesting contraption that could beat an Aestival under right circumstances, but was otherwise somewhat balanced. It was a superheavy fighter-bomber with an overpowered gun and engines, large missile load but pathetic agility and somewhat weak shield. If it got a drop on an Aestival during the first pass, you could shred the Cyrvan fighter with the gun, helping yourself with AA missiles. Fail at that, and you're a very slowly turning toast, unless you have an off-boresight AA missile which can mess with AI (once again, it prioritizes evasion, sometimes allowing you to turn to face it). Mind you, that was against an R4, which had no shield (the gun in question was a strong anti-hull weapon). Against an R6 or something heavier it wouldn't stand a chance, except perhaps by missile spam (which is, in sufficient quantities, an answer to everything, really :)).

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
You can beat Cordi by pressing one button. two I guess

What? Tab?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Well then from scratch you need to press, at the very least, y to target it, www.freespace2.com to activate cheats, then `k to kill it. That's 15 buttons. Although you could just press \, then whatever you have mapped to the trigger for a very long time.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think he meant ~k (the instakill cheat).

No, I didn't. IIRC disable targeting is two buttons