Author Topic: Bloody Corderas  (Read 14833 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Seriously, I can't count the amount of times I died due to a bloody battleaxe or that freaking cheap slide BS! Dang it Spoon!

Did you really have to make them so bloody irritating? And yes I have already put the game on VE and I still get owned by the freaking battle-ax.

What you did to balance the game is wrong! Why did you do this thing?

Aside from that... the game is pretty fun, nothing strikingly memorable but fun. I'm just not into space Japanimation.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
What's a Cordera.Some portmanteau of Cordi and Nordera?
The battleaxe is a capital ship. O_o
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Axem

Who needs correct spelling when you're talking about inferior species, anyway?

No one, that's who.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Uhm, okay...
Maybe if you could be a bit more specific?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Who needs correct spelling when you're talking about inferior species, anyway?

When you are unable to articulately convey your meaning.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline An4ximandros

The Cordi fighter sliding is enhanced frustration inducement, why the fork is it there? I also lack words to describe my hatred for Battle-axes.
Lastly, I add that aside these facts, the game is an enjoyable one play, nothing otherworldly however.

And yes, Cord-eras is a portmanteau.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Man, I would be so crushed if I got a player saying stuff like this. 'Congrats on your okay, but fundamentally mediocre game.'  :blah:

Offline An4ximandros

I will write a full opinionated review when I finish the game, so far however:

It just seems to be a standard FS2 campaign {-},
on a custom universe {+},
using a few interesting mechanics (such as damage types being better on certain targets.) {+},
a cheesy anime style {-},
and some ass moves (fighters exploding in your face as nukes and baddies that can pull unrealistic anti-fun maneuvers like SLIDING AWAY FROM MY FREKAING SHOTS in the most bull****y way ever among many) {-}.
 I'll balance out this post with a {+} for having a sky level, which not many try.

Aside from that, it's fun, nothing magical.
 At the end of the day, that's the best you can say to game developer: "you made a fun game."

And don't think BP is safe, I'm starting to notice it's flaws as well, some (like in WoDs) might be a matter of taste though.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Man, I would be so crushed if I got a player saying stuff like this. 'Congrats on your okay, but fundamentally mediocre game.'  :blah:

Can't please everyone

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm starting to seriously wonder why anybody bothers making campaigns.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!

Well if your goal is to make a campaign that absolutely everybody thinks is amazing and nobody dislikes, then you might as well give up.

Of course the same can be said about anything with such unrealistic standards.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The Cordi fighter sliding is enhanced frustration inducement, why the fork is it there?
Several reasons:
1. Because A.I. sliding was new and never done before by any FS2 mod (as far as I know). WoD has several features that no other mod did at that time (or has done now, then again not too much came out in these past 2 years).
2. It creates an unique opponent with its own flying style.
3. It provides veteran FS2 players with a never before seen challenge. This was a deliberate design choice, WoD is in many ways unforgiving to newer or less experienced players (no tutorial for example). Having an A.I. that is not completely predictable like Freespace retail A.I. helps with that.

I'm sorry to say so, but I'm getting the impression you are just a bad player. Many people before you beat WoD on medium, a few brave souls even did it on Insane. If you keep dying on very easy I don't know what else to tell you. You have 250% shield regeneration and only take 45% damage on very easy. I know dying in Freespace isn't very fun but I'm getting the impression you are just typing these posts after you get frustrated dying a bunch of time and need to let off steam.

I also lack words to describe my hatred for Battle-axes.
It's a slow blob of inaccurate turrets that is highly vulnerable to energy weapons. You are not suppose to be standing still in front of it.

Lastly, I add that aside these facts
What facts? All I saw was a ranting opinion.

the game is an enjoyable one play, nothing otherworldly however.
K, if you say so.

I will write a full opinionated review when I finish the game, so far however:

It just seems to be a standard FS2 campaign {-}
In what universe and time line? What is your definition of a 'standard FS2 campaign anyway?

and some ass moves (fighters exploding in your face as nukes and baddies that can pull unrealistic anti-fun maneuvers like SLIDING AWAY FROM MY FREKAING SHOTS in the most bull****y way ever among many) {-}.
Having enemies that all have something unique to them is a minus in your book? Man you are impossible to please.

I'm not sure if I want to read your fully opinionated review at this point. I'd like to keep my motivation to keep going forward, reading your ranting is not likely to improve said motivation.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:08:15 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
1. Because A.I. sliding was new and never done before by any FS2 mod (as far as I know).

AI slide has been in since FS1's Scorpion. At the very least, Inferno R1 also included it as a consequence. I have somewhat less-than-fond memories of the first Ross 128 mission and sliding Scorps.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Well if your goal is to make a campaign that absolutely everybody thinks is amazing and nobody dislikes, then you might as well give up.

Of course the same can be said about anything with such unrealistic standards.

Believe it or not, both as an author and as someone who's released a campaign, I have plenty of experience with the heterodoxy of taste and the inevitability of criticism. If you think that's what this conversation is about, why don't you step out and find a discussion you can contribute to.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
1. Because A.I. sliding was new and never done before by any FS2 mod (as far as I know).

AI slide has been in since FS1's Scorpion. At the very least, Inferno R1 also included it as a consequence. I have somewhat less-than-fond memories of the first Ross 128 mission and sliding Scorps.
Circle strafing was new in .12
Urutorahappī!!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'd rather have noodlezombie **** than 'Eh, I don't have many thoughts, I don't think much. I guess I don't like shooting spaceships'. At least noodlezombie appears capable of noticing things and having thoughts.

Criticism is often useful, this is just banal, effortless, uninformed ****posting.

e: I would literally rather have rabid ranting hatred than 'just another FreeSpace 2 campaign' when it so clearly isn't.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:32:09 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
But you suggested there was no point in making campaigns if people said this kind of stuff about them.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.

Circle strafing was new in .12
I distinctly remember Scorpions doing that in Inferno R1. Also, TBP had sliding and as close to a semi-newtonian flight model as you could get in 3.6.9 . Though neither had the AI to exploit the sidethrust to a full extent, so they usually did so pretty much by accident before 3.6.12.
I imagine one might consider Cordi soldiers a minus. If you don't have a good joystick, you're not catching them on higher difficulties. They're the very definition of goddamned bats on most difficulties, and demonic spiders on Insane. Nordera exploding in your face is only surprising the first time though, you'll adopt quickly if you're any good (it's not like they do too much harm with their explosions anyway).
WoD is very innovative, and it's a big jump from other mods. To somebody used to standard FS flight model, it might be hard to adjust.

Offline -Norbert-

And once you mastered WoD flying, the original campaign will be a walk in the park, almost seeming like you play the game in slow motion.

How anyone could say WoD is just a standard FS2 campaign is beyond me.
I think WoD is the most different from FS2 mod ever made for FS2 (only Diaspora, TBP and WCS can compete in this area). Apart from being in a whole new and seperate universe with very well flashed out background and history (just check out how many techroom entries and wiki articles there are) it also has a different flight model, damage model, is character driven (which by itself is a big departure from "standard" FS2 campaign style) and even has it's own graphical style!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
After playing recent big-name FS campaigns, one could get an idea that character-driven is a standard approach as far as custom campaigns are concerned. A flimsy explanation, but at least it follows logic. The plot is a bit cliche, but it's a well executed and pretty self-aware approach. Flight and combat dynamics are completely different though, and they're nothing like other FS campaigns (closer to TBP and, in a way, Diaspora), unless you're playing with this old "realistic movement/high velocity" mod.