Author Topic: hows going with inferno  (Read 10175 times)

Re: hows going with inferno
hows going now

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm sure they are going okay. Let them go along quietly. They will tell us when they are finished.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

this never finished in ages

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Asking us "are we there yet?" won't get us there faster.

R

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
How about "Are the fires lit yet" then? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline docfu

Just on a side note I'd really like to know where the English "How's going?" comes from. It seems to be appearantly misunderstood as "cool" and "casual" in Japan.

"How's it going?" always seemed normal to me. On the other hand, people who say "How's going?" generally weren't worth talking to...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I don't think woulter is using an expression to achieve an effect moreso that he is not a native English speaker.

R

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
this never finished in ages

You have to get used to it. It is a big mod, and they need time to finish. Any big thing takes time to finish. You know that.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Luis Dias

besides, summer ain't over! :D

Offline docfu

I don't think woulter is using an expression to achieve an effect moreso that he is not a native English speaker.

R

I sincerely meant that as a teacher I am trying to figure out why exactly non-natives make that mistake. Someone somewhere left out an "it" and it's been replicating unchecked for years...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

We will definitely not finish by this summer, but we are still making good progress.

R

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network

R

I sincerely meant that as a teacher I am trying to figure out why exactly non-natives make that mistake. Someone somewhere left out an "it" and it's been replicating unchecked for years...

I think that in whatever his native language is, they dont use the "it" word in that sentence, but only say something like "how is going?". Then he just translates that word by word.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
:doubt:
Apparently you're an expert in Dutch.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline CT27

We will definitely not finish by this summer, but we are still making good progress.

R

Before Thanksgiving then? :D

I think that in whatever his native language is, they dont use the "it" word in that sentence, but only say something like "how is going?". Then he just translates that word by word.
Dutch resembles English enough that we do use the "it". It's really just wouter's English.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Asking us "are we there yet?" won't get us there faster.

R
This is true. On any kind of trip.
But, when said trip is 6-7 years the question makes more sense. Since all the other questions yield the same kind, "you asked us, why yes we still post here in this part of hlp" answer.

"Are we there yet?" is the same as "how much longer will it take us to get there". After 6-7 years, it's an alright question to ask. In this case, i wouldn't interpret it as the person asking trying to get you there faster at all; it's a question about progress left to be made.

As far as anyone else is concerned, i dub and retitle the remake of infr1 INFERNO FOREVER

Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!